The Gold Cup

Forum covering Horse Racing, Football and anything else you can do at the Betting Shop!
Ruler of The World

The Gold Cup

Post by Ruler of The World »

Be honest, if Siliviniaco Conti hadn't have fallen, do you think he would have won? Placed? I think his fall helped Bobs Worth, he looked like he was travelling fine. Sad when that sort of thing happens but I'm sure there'll be a rematch in the future. I'm getting on for next year's Gold Cup!
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

If the ground had been different the race may have been run in a different way, although bobs worth didnt like the ground either so u cant take it away from him,,,,,he stayed on well...you have to be a good stayed to win the gold cup
keno

Post by keno »

I think it would of won had it not fell.
Ruler of The World

I think that he is a class horse, a class above Bobs Worth and will look better as he gets older. By next season his current price for the gold cup will look massive. Remember when Hedgehunter fell at the last (might have been 2nd last) in 2004? I said he would win the next year from that point...sure enough, he did.

But what if Sprinter Sacre runs? LOL now that would be interesting!
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

sprinter sacre would win hands down ,,,,,,that horse is equine excellence
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UGwGfRbbG4

what a legend , what a punter
The landlord

Post by The landlord »

Stayed on his feet, nailed on for a place, still think bobs worth would have won.. Sprinter sacre will never run in a gold cup!!!
Ruler of The World

I think that's a pretty daft comment, landlord! Sprinter Sacre jumps fences, the Gold Cup is a fence jumping race! You make it sound like we're saying Frankel will run in the Grand National! OK so Sprinter Sacre would have to step up 1 and 1/4 miles to be in the Gold Cup but it happens so its not THAT unlikely!
JG

Post by JG »

There's a pub called the Gold Cup in Cheltenham, but it has closed down now.
JG