Cheltenham 2013

Forum covering Horse Racing, Football and anything else you can do at the Betting Shop!
The landlord

Cheltenham 2013

Post by The landlord »

Run in to the festival now, will only an act of god stop sprinter sacre?? Is 4/6 too short for simonsig in the arkle?? Will the hurricane retain his crown?? Who will take big buck's crown?? Wide open gold cup, who's the winner?? What's your thoughts on these and naps for the meeting???
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

If Tony McCoy hadn't MURDERED Darlan, he'd have a decent chance to win the Champion Hurdle. I'll be siding with Zarkandar now. Having murdered yet another high profile horse (following his sadistic killing of the 2012 Gold Cup winner, Synchronised), he again got 'upset' and gave up the rest of his rides for the day... he then justified his murder by claiming he was trying to keep the horse out of the 'strong headwind' that was on Doncaster racecourse on Monday... by running in-between TWO horses!?!?!! In a 4 horse race with the 4th horse miles back? He was cruising along then suddenly, coming to the final flight, grabbed his mounts head and pushed him to the ground, causing the fall. The horse suffered a broken neck!

Personally, I think McCoy should be banned from racing.
BFK

Post by BFK »

I had him in last years gold cup :)

I'll be there for the GC this year. As you know MOG I know fuck all about horses but last year I was there for the Thursday and Friday and covered all my expenses:-

The ridiculous price of tickets and entry fees, the overpriced costs of a room for the 2 days, 2 expensive meals out and all my beer which believe me ain't cheap when the BFK has a 2 day bender!!! And went home about a ton up!!

More of the same this year please! Oh and I even got a £50 raise out of a big reds in some posh pub!
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

i have 1 tip so far, it's my own selection and should run in the champion bumper

Red Sherlock, i backed him first time out ...purely because of the name.

he only won by 23 lengths in an uphill finish on the bridle, admittedly he wasn't against much, but the commentator was creaming his pants.

it's due to have another run before the festival ,if it wins in such style again it's difficult to see the current 12/1 not getting slashed.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

The favourite in the bumper, Golantilla, also looked useful and ran 3.7 seconds quicker in similar ground. Good luck, the ground should be a lot quicker in six weeks time.
Roulette free since December 2011.
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

I thought hurricane fly lost last year
Ruler of The World

He did, Rock On Ruby won but I think he's not so great. Zarkandar is the improving horse so now that Darlan has been MURDERED, he can win.
The landlord

Post by The landlord »

U talk some pish ruler, murdered!!!! Think zarkander has a fair chance tho..
Roll_With_It_Russ

So why is the OP talking about hurricane fly retaining title?

hurricane fly is to be sent to the glue factory imo... or end up in some frozen meat product.
Scott

Post by Scott »

The doctor has told me to watch what i eat, so i'll be going to Cheltenham.
Cobwebs 👆
The landlord

Post by The landlord »

Retain the title he lost!!???
Roll_With_It_Russ

The landlord wrote:Run in to the festival now, will only an act of god stop sprinter sacre?? Is 4/6 too short for simonsig in the arkle?? Will the hurricane retain his crown?? Who will take big buck's crown?? Wide open gold cup, who's the winner?? What's your thoughts on these and naps for the meeting???

"Will the hurricane retain his crown??"
The landlord

Post by The landlord »

He was champion hurdler in 2011, will he be the champ again in 2013!!!! Ffs
Roll_With_It_Russ

well that would be regain, not retain.
Ruler of The World

The answer is no, he won't. If I were a bookmaker, I'd be laying him all day long - he's just not that good and Rock On Ruby has more chance of RETAINING the title than Hurricane Fly has of REGAINING it.