Andy "Piss-pants" Murray

Forum covering Horse Racing, Football and anything else you can do at the Betting Shop!
Ruler of The World

Andy "Piss-pants" Murray

Post by Ruler of The World »

Is he STILL piss-pants like old Timmy Henman? Surely winning the US Open has done him the world of good but 5 match points lost today in some Chinese tournament final vs. the man he conquered to win his 1st slam beat him - what does this do to his brain?

I personally think he will win a good few Slams, Ladbrokes are offering 33/1 for 7 or more in his career. Why not? He's always at least getting to semis, Nadal has no knee caps left, Federer is a dad and age is catching up with him. No one else seems outstanding. I think he'll do this and land me the great 33/1 odds.

What do fellow Fruit Chatters think?
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Probs better odds elsewhere but can't see him getting another the cunt
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
Ruler of The World

Have to disagree, I think he certainly will win a few. You're probably right about getting better odds elsewhere though. I used to like him, then hated him when he came up with the "I'm Scottish" comment, laughed at him when Federer mugged him at Wimbledon and didn't give a toss that he bawled his eyes out in front of all the "not-Scottish" people made all that effort to watch him lose... but then at the Olympics I saw a different man, you could just see he was so mentally strong and had this "I'm not losing this time, mate" look in his eyes. I think it gave him masses of confidence to beat Federer, then to finally win his 1st slam AWAY from Wimbledon I think was the best thing that could possibly have happened to him as it gives him confidence anywhere, not just at Wimbledon. The guy gets to practically every semi final at least in the slams so I fail to see how he could now constantly piss his pants and never win another! I'd even go so far as to say its impossible! If you're good enough to constantly get in the last 4, you're bound to win a few more and with the 2 greatest players of this time on their way out/down, I can't see why he doesn't have a great opportunity to win a load more slams.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Djokovic is just a bit better in my opinion. Also 25 is really quite old in the modern era to be winning your first grand slam. Be a few up and coming players that could be anything at the moment.

Was certain Tiger Woods would beat Nicklaus's record, bur zero chance now.
Roulette free since December 2011.
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

I think Murray and Djokovic are going to be 50/50 for the next 5 years or so, but will be slightly behind Milos Raonic. If that kid can make just a few small improvements to his all round game he will be unstoppable with a serve like he has!
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Federer couldn't be fucked in the Olympics it was too easy for Murray
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
Ruler of The World

Murray doesn't need to break any legendary records to win 7 slams! 33/1 is a good bet in my opinion.