What's the worst gambler or gambling you have ever seen?

Forum covering Horse Racing, Football and anything else you can do at the Betting Shop!
explayer

What's the worst gambler or gambling you have ever seen?

Post by explayer »

You know the kind of thing - punters asking whether 6/4 or 13/8 is bigger or can't work out the return on a tenner at 11/2.
It does my head in when blokes shout " Go on my son " at a fillies race for example or do the same bet forever for fear of
missing a winner - " missed a 6 and 5 - they're my numbers ".

Also gambling behaviour - there is a notorious Brighton punter who backs every long odds on shot and increases his bet each
time one wins. I have seen him bet £1 and at other times several thousand. I was once in a shop when he placed £2.50 at 1/5
despite his mate offering to give him the 50p! - What is the drive behind that style of betting?

I nearly got into a fight once when a bloke insisted a football acca with 2 selections in each match was 2 plus 2 plus 2 etc ,
rather than 2 times 2 times 2. He thought he had cracked it until i pointed out that it came to thousands of bets rather than
a few dozen! Just recently a guy was bemoaning his bad luck as he had taken 5/4 then gone a minute down the road and
found 6/4 on offer - what drives you mad or makes you laugh with punters?
Stop saying ' like ' and pull your fuckin' trousers up
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

I did back Italy then lay them and back Spain when they went 1-0 down then lay them when they equalised so did alright on thT game yesterday
The Duke of betchington Betchrider