Mr Tipster's Cheltenham Special Thread

Forum covering Horse Racing, Football and anything else you can do at the Betting Shop!
Master of Games

Mr Tipster's Cheltenham Special Thread

Post by Master of Games »

It starts soon enough, later I will post his ante-post bets for Cheltenham. He is already talking about "bankers" and fancies quite a few at big prices already. He is advising some multiple bets first so that we can put those on for smaller stakes then, if all goes well, there won't be a need for much further investment! Also he will be posting a placepot permed line for each day - he has a great record of getting them at this festival.

We should be in for a treat, all courtesy of Mr Tipster!
To talk much and arrive nowhere is the same as climbing a tree to catch a fish.
Master of Games

Ok, all prices are Ladbrokes...

Irish Independent Arkle Chase
MEDERMIT 4/1 By far the classiest, most proven horse in this field. He's only this price because he refused to jump a fence when 1/5 favourite earlier this season when some people were working on the track and distracted him.

Supreme Novices Hurdle
CUE CARD 9/4 Looks like 1 of the bankers of the meeting, has only lost to Menorah who won this race last year. All the others look very inferior. He won the Cheltenham Champion Bumper last year at this meeting at 40/1!

Champion Hurdle
MENORAH 4/1 A pure fighter, proven to be this class, will run with all the heart you would want. Khyber Kim is a massive price at 20/1 considering she was placed 2nd in this race last season Cue Card is quoted at 25/1 for this race "with a run" - could be well worth a bet.

RSA Novices Chase
TIME FOR RUPERT 9/4 A solid jumper, classy, experienced, hence the price which is certainly not generous. Of the others, the beautifully named Master of The Hall (16/1) makes most appeal considering his record and the way he jumped the other day, flawlessly - remember this is a NOVICES chase!

Queen Mother's Champion Chase
MASTER MINDED 2/1 A giveaway price, according to our Mr Tipster, he says not even Big Zeb is in this horse's league. No alternatives, just this banker of the meeting.

JCB Triumph Hurdle
TITAN DE SARTI 50/1 Yes, that's right, 50/1. If this horse runs he will run miles better than he did when 5th to Sam Winner who is quoted at just 10/1. He was a classy performer in France, was obviously not jumping well but travelled well through the race, wasn't beaten up at all. Sure to be less than 50/1 on the day!

Ladbrokes World Hurdle
QUE VEGA 20/1 Won the mares hurdle here last season, easily. A classy horse, seemingly over priced but then look at the 1st 2 in the betting - 4/5 and 9/4 - by no means bankers. Extra advantage is its non-runner money back ante post in this race.

Chetenham Gold Cup
DIAMOND HARRY 8/1 Mr Tipster sticks his neck out here and rules out 3 of the top 4 in the betting. Long Run he claims doesn't get up the hill, Kauto Star and Denman are too old. He says Imperial Commander has done nothing wrong but he's nothing special so a younger horse should come and take this crown, probably more than once. That horse, he says, could well be Diamond Harry. He destroyed Denman although he was getting weight but still, should easily confirm superiority.

We will leave which bets you place up to you but although prices are not all big, each way multiples are advised. Goliaths (8 horses) and Super Heinz (7) could pay massive without even needing all or most to win.

Any other fancies you will be told about and also a daily placepot. Good luck everyone!
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

When is this race mate? And any chance of a bit help on how to bet I have never went past a lucky 15 so a bit clueless. Surely there is a certain slip and how many horses I need on? Cheers in advance for any help :)
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

I didn't read it correctly. The meeting is at Cheltenham and these are the 8 races. Will they just be a slip saying goliaths? Sorry about last post! Is this tomorrow?
Master of Games

still about 2 weeks, don't worry. Write them down, remember some bigger price 1s are also on there, maybe do a few bets. Ask your local bookies manager. Maybe in a few days we'll suggest some bets for you all, which will just be a case of jotting down the names and instructions.

Hopefully we'll hit the bookies hard with this lot!

Imagine the headlines, "Fruitchat Gang Destroy Bookies At Cheltenham"

:D
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Cheltenham is 15-18 March.

You can get latset prices here

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing ... m-festival

A super heinz is 7 selections,120 bets, goliath is 8 selections 247 bets. Two or more winners to collect.
Roulette free since December 2011.
Master of Games

Very useful that, thanks! The thing is, a lot of these horses we don't know for sure will run in the races stated which is why we advised betting "with a run". The last thing anyone wants is to bet on something that doesn't run in normal ante post rules! I got stung twice on this! A total of £800 lost without even getting a run.

We'll have to wait about a week before it becomes more clear what is running and when before we make the bets.
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

Cheers lads a good help! :)
explayer

Post by explayer »

Fancy Tidal Bay each way at around 40/1 for the Gold cup. Loves Cheltenham , stays all day and will be picking them up late - needs luck to win but i can see it being placed. Has run second to Imperial Commander and Neptune Collonges this season ( each time a mile clear of the rest ). All betting is about the value of the odds on offer - i wouldn't back it at 12s or 16s but it seems a big price.
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

I look forward to checking 'Mr Tipsters' selections against the Fruitchat regulars, that is if H is good enough to do the friendly competition as per.

Not exactly set the world on fire yet this Mr Tipster, has he?
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

Ill stay loyal to you mate and have a couple of quid on each! Need a win soon as i dont usually bet and those bookies owe me about £20 now! Perhaps if jg stops betting some will win! :-)
I am Glendale, much better than you!
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

diamond harrys at 14s at stan james if you want a punt
harry2

Post by harry2 »

I've had a bit of 25/1 last year. This doesn't help.

Williams issues warning as Diamond loses sparkle By Andrew Scutts 4:24PM 23 FEB 2011
DIAMOND HARRY, one of the young pretenders fancied to upset the older guard of Kauto Star, Denman and Imperial Commander in the Totesport Gold Cup, is not pleasing trainer Nick Williams, he reported on Wednesday.

The eight-year-old had Denman back in third when winning the Hennessy Gold Cup from out of the handicap at Newbury in November and is 8-1 with the sponsor for the Gold Cup. He was mentioned by Denman and Kauto Star's trainer Paul Nicholls on Monday as a danger as he held his pre-Cheltenham media event.

Having been pulled up when 5-1 for the RSA Chase at last season's festival, Williams fears Diamond Harry could be at his best later in the year.

"I'm not as happy with him as I was going into the Hennessy and he is possibly an autumn horse," Williams said.

"When you look back at his form he has always been at his best in November and December and then once we get into the new year, for whatever reason, he seems to be not quite as good."

The trainer, whose charge is owned by Paul Duffy, also told Racing UK: "Diamond Harry is just not showing the same sparkle as he does in the autumn."

However, Williams was keen to add that "there is no danger of him not running in the Gold Cup".
Master of Games

Even more reason to back him.. Trainers are dirty, ratty little CUNTS! Remember Binocular last season? "Oh he probably won't run, he's injured, we're not happy with him!" FUCKING PISSED IT! :shock:
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Most trainers are decent people. Obviously there are certain gambling stables and dodgy info. Always thought Nick Williams was a sound guy.