A little help please...

Forum covering Horse Racing, Football and anything else you can do at the Betting Shop!
novice_27

A little help please...

Post by novice_27 »

hi guys. :) dont wanna annoying anyone by posting to much. But could do with some help. I'm new to the betting lark, & only place win or e/w bets. Is there another bet i could try?. I dont punt that much on a bet though. I've heard placepot is quite good, but dont understand it?. Can anyone be kind enough to explain it to me please. How much would u have to stake? & how do u actually win this bet?
You learn something new everyday!
nudgesuk

Post by nudgesuk »

a placepot is basically you pick a horse in each race of the meeting i.e ascot and you pick one horse per race and it has to be placed in some cases only 1st or 2nd (only in race with 4-7 runners) races with 4 or less your selection has to win. races with 8-16 your horse has to finish 1st,2nd or 3rd and 16 or more but only handicaps your horse must be placed 1st,2nd,3rd, or 4th

you pick the 1st 6 races of the meeting and go on from there,but if you pick up a placepot slip it details everything you need to do on the back.Or ask one of the shop staff theyll help you you can place anything from 5p to £500 on a placepot as far as i remember but also note that if one of you selections isnt placed then your placepot is down the pan lol. any other questions m8 pm me i used to work for willy hills also theres a few other lads on here that could help especially harry.
itsme

Post by itsme »

yeah,placepots are great value if you can get one up.my best was 1055 quid from a pound stake.dont forget,you can perm your placepot.this means you can select more than one horse per race.if you do this just keep an eye on how much you want to spend.it doubles up every race.

also..... if you miss the first race and wanted to put a pacepot on,why not try a quad pot.this works exactly the same way but its the last 4 races not the 1st 6.
life is like a big shit sandwich - every day we take a bigger bite