Quizmaster's Footy tip

Forum covering Horse Racing, Football and anything else you can do at the Betting Shop!
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

+£100 on the last tip. Not quite the low goals I predicted but Fulham at home proved too strong.

Difficult set of matches this midweek set. Top teams are being unpredictable at the moment and there is little value in following them at such short odds unless they are included in accas. The best of the bunch looks like a Villa/QPR draw in my view. Villa struggle to win at home, ansd certainly struggle to score, and this is the sort of game that Sparky will be looking for at least a point from. 5/2 available around the High St., a slightly better 3.7 on Betfair.

Accas:

Homes: Spurs 2/9, Blackburn 13/8, Fulham 5/6, Sunderland 10/11 - (4 x Trebles)
Draws: Swansea 9/4, Wolves 14/5 (nb), Everton 5/2, Man Utd 4/1, Villa 5/2 (nap) (10 x doubles)
Aways: Arsenal 7/10
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Nice lateish strike from Mr. N'zogbia and a bit of holding your breath for 10 minutes, but now +£350. Sparky will definitely keep QPR up.

Everton look a good bet to beat Wigan away this weekend. Great result against City and Wigan are just trying to play their way out of trouble but to no avail. Martinez shoudl have gone to the Villa when he had the chance. I'm sure the Villa fans would agree, given their current dour Scotsman. 11/10 High St, the 2.2 on Betfair will work out less after commission.

Accas:
Homes: Arsenal 2/7, Norwich Evs, Stoke 6/5, Man City 3/10, Liverpool 23/20
Draws: QPR 5/2
Aways: Swansea 13/5 (nb), Everton 11/10 (nap), Villa 13/5, Man U 15/8

Weather will probably kill some of them......
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

good work and i'm glad you put these up early QM
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Not much happening for us last week. Comedy goalkeeping from Tim Howard but to be honest Everton didn't deserve it. Leaves us at +£250. From a value point of view, there is no getting away from Sunderland this week at home to Arsenal. Martin 'Jumping Bean' O'Neill is working all sorts of magic and a price of 5/2 based on current form is outstanding. Arsenal might have cut loose last week against Blackburn, but their Chuckle Brothers brand of football rarely clicks. Take the 3.9 on Betfair if you can.

Accas:
Homes: Man Utd (19/20), Fulham (Evs)(nb), Sunderland (5/2)(nap), Spurs (8/15)
Draws: Blackburn (21/10), Bolton (23/10), Everton (21/10), Swansea (23/20)
Aways: WBA (19/10), Man City (8/11)

QM
harry2

Post by harry2 »

I know Man U have injuries, but 19/20 to beat Liverpool is value. Better than Betfair.
Roulette free since December 2011.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Can't disagree with that Harry. I have United down as easy winners. The only reason they aren't my pick is because I made a rule a long time ago never to make any odds on shot the bet of the week. It leads to 4/9 shots letting you down in the end. Man U/Fulham/Spurs is a decent treble today.
skinner

Post by skinner »

im on utd heavily today,got a shade above evs on betfair.
Marcossvon

Post by Marcossvon »

Nice treble. Got about 4/1 for it
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Bugger. Picked that one a week early then.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

+£150 since Sunderland didn't beat Arsenal until the replicated FA Cup tie a week later. A cheeky double on the Aways pays for a few more accas.

This week's tip will find most people disagreeing with me I suspect since I'm plumping for Arsenal to do Spurs on Sunday. It's all gone Pete Tong lately for the Arse, their usual season collapse in Feb/March, but Spurs' away form is very poor lately. Arsenal have found their shooting boots at home so 6/4 around the High St. looks good value to me. Certainly one of the better prices for Arsenal in this fixture you'll have found over the last few seasons, but then it's probably the first time Spurs have gone into this fixture above Arsenal in the table. I wouldn't blame anyone for swerving this, the nb of Sunderland away at WBA (19/10) may be more to your liking.

I've decided to drop the nap bet from the accas, since it makes sense not to have a double disappointment should it fail. That, and I would have won it if I'd left Sunderland out of the last one.

Accas:
Homes: Chelsea (2/7), Newcastle (4/7), Man City (1/6)
Draws: QPR (9/4)
Aways: Sunderland (nb)(19/10), Villa (8/5), Man Utd (8/15), Swansea (12/5)

QM
johncluedo

Post by johncluedo »

Not a great day QM!
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

nice nap though!
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Great game
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
Scott

Post by Scott »

Wow!!!!! Could'nt ask for a better game as a neutral.
Cobwebs 👆
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

A right treat for me missus and young un went to bed so I could watch both games this aft in peace and quiet
The Duke of betchington Betchrider