St Ledger

Forum covering Horse Racing, Football and anything else you can do at the Betting Shop!
Terry Tibbs

St Ledger

Post by Terry Tibbs »

Off to Doncaster on Saturday for my annual St Ledger trip - anyone kind enough to offer any betting tips? As i'm a novice i was thinking of just following Frankie Detori but would greatly appreciate any advice.
you don’t just jump into bed with Terry Tibbs, you take Terry Tibbs out to lunch, you wine and dine him, you give him an oil massage then he gives you 1950 if you’re lucky!
dangerous

Post by dangerous »

I certainly wouldn't discourage you from betting on one jockey. But I would recommend you steer away from Frankie simply because everyone bets on him and brings the odds down.

For more value, I'd go for one of the less popular but equally talented jocks like Johnny Murtagh, Jamie Spencer or even Seb Sanders (the pro punters seems to hate him for some reason) assuming they are at Donny of course.

Or wait for Harry2 to give you some advice, he seems to know his stuff.
Terry Tibbs

Post by Terry Tibbs »

dangerous wrote:I certainly wouldn't discourage you from betting on one jockey. But I would recommend you steer away from Frankie simply because everyone bets on him and brings the odds down.

For more value, I'd go for one of the less popular but equally talented jocks like Johnny Murtagh, Jamie Spencer or even Seb Sanders (the pro punters seems to hate him for some reason) assuming they are at Donny of course.

Or wait for Harry2 to give you some advice, he seems to know his stuff.
Thanks, as i said i'm a novice so not familiar with those names but will keep a look out for them - thanks again!

my mate hasnt had one winner in 4 visits to St Ledger so were hoping to get him one for the sake of his sanity haha
you don’t just jump into bed with Terry Tibbs, you take Terry Tibbs out to lunch, you wine and dine him, you give him an oil massage then he gives you 1950 if you’re lucky!
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

Check out Ryan Moores' (R L Moore) rides. Definately one of the top 5 jockeys on the country.
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

harry2
Seven Stars

Items Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:38 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tips

1.If you can afford it buy a members ticket: You are nearest the winning post, you can visit more areas and you get a proper pint glass.

2. Standing by the rail is a waste of time. Get a seat in the grandstand by about five minutes before the race.

3. Invest in or rent a pair of binoculars.

4. If you are standing right by the big screen you aren't going to see much. A bit like standing one inch from your tv set. I expect the blurry vision was down to the ten pints you consumed in the morning.

5. Go racing mid week. Less hassle, you get served quicker, easier to have a bet.

6. Why not bet amongst yourselves or do a sweepstake. Then the money gets redistributed and not to the bookie. Or be the bookie and take bets off of your mates. You will win long term.

7. Saturdays in Tatts has been taken over by pissheads and chavs. Avoid if possible.

8. There's a big difference to the day when you have a few winners.

IGNORE 1,4 & 5.
Terry Tibbs

Post by Terry Tibbs »

harry2 wrote:harry2
Seven Stars

Items Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:38 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tips

1.If you can afford it buy a members ticket: You are nearest the winning post, you can visit more areas and you get a proper pint glass.

2. Standing by the rail is a waste of time. Get a seat in the grandstand by about five minutes before the race.

3. Invest in or rent a pair of binoculars.

4. If you are standing right by the big screen you aren't going to see much. A bit like standing one inch from your tv set. I expect the blurry vision was down to the ten pints you consumed in the morning.

5. Go racing mid week. Less hassle, you get served quicker, easier to have a bet.

6. Why not bet amongst yourselves or do a sweepstake. Then the money gets redistributed and not to the bookie. Or be the bookie and take bets off of your mates. You will win long term.

7. Saturdays in Tatts has been taken over by pissheads and chavs. Avoid if possible.

8. There's a big difference to the day when you have a few winners.

IGNORE 1,4 & 5.
thanks for that....

Number 8 is our big concern - as I said my mate hasnt had a winner for 4 years at this event as the rest of us are also hopeless I was seeing if any of you guys had any tips or pointers on horses to back.

all in all its a good day out we start at the local at 7am for a liquid breakfast then jump in the minibus and hold a card school till we get to doncaster.
Terry Tibbs

Post by Terry Tibbs »

ma71lda wrote:Check out Ryan Moores' (R L Moore) rides. Definately one of the top 5 jockeys on the country.
Cheers, I'll keep a lookout for this bloke.
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

I'll go for these

River Proud
Pearley Wey
Soldier Of Fortune
Captain Marvelous
Ancien Regime
Galactic Star
The Lillies
Terry Tibbs

Post by Terry Tibbs »

Cheers,

I'll keep a lookout for these.
itsme

Post by itsme »

Keep an eye out for Special Day if it run's. Barry Hills train's this one and i backed it last time. The head on showed the jockey bringing his whip only half way down,it never touched the horse. I think that there is some twisting going on.
I checked the declaration's but nothing was confirmed.

Im off to Chester myself. Only live 30mins away from Donny but i cannot be fucked with all the fuss. It's going to be rammed packed,anyway.. we have done this course a handful of time's,we like to do a different course every year.

You should have a good laugh round town aswell. Your nailed on for all the top totty to be out, not forgetting the classy Donny bird's with tattoo's on their tit's.

Have a great day,hope you do well.Let us all know how you do.
life is like a big shit sandwich - every day we take a bigger bite
Terry Tibbs

Post by Terry Tibbs »

haha i'll steer clear of the Donny birds then!

cheers for all the tips will let you know how i went on!
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

I hope you backed McCartney in the first race; Ryan Moore = 8/1 winner :D .
Terry Tibbs

Post by Terry Tibbs »

[quote="ma71lda"]I hope you backed McCartney in the first race]

my brother told me to back that one but i ignored him :(