Quizmaster's Footy tip

Forum covering Horse Racing, Football and anything else you can do at the Betting Shop!
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

+£350 thanks to the goal that never was and a fabulous last minute Arsenal goal brought hme the acca. It's only £125, but not bad off a fiver and should pay for the rest of my accas this season.

There are limited opportunites this week with FA Cup disrupting the Prem and to be honest I can't see a good bet for value. I like Everton to beat Sunderland in the cup, but 10/11 is not a good enough price for my liking, so I'll stick with just accas this week. Sometimes, the best bet is not to have one.

Homes: Fulham 5/6, Newcastle 4/5, Everton 10/11, Spurs 3/10, Liverpool 4/11
Aways: WBA 6/4, Man Utd 1/3

QM
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
oldskool

Post by oldskool »

this week's £20 bet
man city, libpool and 'wall treble pays just over £110
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

+£350 and a bet well avoided last week.

West Brom (13/10)(2.38 Betfair)look a good proposition to beat Newcastle in Sunday's game. I would expect goals but WBA are excellent on the attack and Newcastle tend to misfire away from the JDW Stadium or whatever it's called now. Swansea are also excellent, but their prices (6/5) are starting to shorten dramatically as the bookies cotton on to Brendan's men, so we'll make that the nb.

Accas:
Homes: Chelsea (5/6), Arsenal (4/11), Liverpool (3/10), Sunderland (Evs), Swansea (6/5)(nb), Man Utd (1/4)
Draws: Bolton (23/10), Norwich (14/5), Stoke (11/4)

QM
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Well that certainly wasn't my finest hour. It was all over after 20 minutes and WBA were shellshocked.

Notwithstanding what has happened with the news about Petrov since yesterday I think Villa are an outstanding price today at home to Chelsea. Chelsea haven't won in 5 away games on the road in the Premier League and although most of these were under AvB, away at Villa will be dour, just like their manager. I'm not a fan of MCleish, and I don't really think Villa will win, but they are 5.2 on Betfair (a much worse 10/3 on the High St), which basically means that if they played this fixture 5 times, Villa would only win once. I think they would win 1.5 times in 5 and the price should therefore be 4.34. £100 on the Villa.

Homes: Everton (4/5), Fulham (4/6), Man City (2/9), Wigan (8/5), Newcastle (9/5)(nb)
Draws: Wolves (12/5) Spurs (10/3)
Aways: Arsenal (4/7), Man Utd (2/5)

QM
rogerthymes

Post by rogerthymes »

Ooof! You maybe need to stop underestimating Martin O'Neill there QM...anyway, we had a record dating back to 1892 to protect. Pity we couldn't hang on mind.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Man City have bottled it, you gotta hand it to old red nose, he's the king of mind games, he done Keegan all those years ago and people still fall for it.
Cobwebs 👆
messiah

Post by messiah »

rogerthymes wrote:Ooof! You maybe need to stop underestimating Martin O'Neill there QM...anyway, we had a record dating back to 1892 to protect. Pity we couldn't hang on mind.
I did wonder where your name came from, and whether it was indeed the world's shite-est football commentator
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

+£150 and I was absoultely right....Villa didn't win. Sunderland also wrecked my acca which was annoying and another lesson why there are no such thing as home bankers in the Premiership. I suspect City were in most accas that day around the country as a 'cert'.

It's Arsenal at 6/4 on Sunday vs Man City. Current form dictates that this is the best bet of the weekend, Arsenal pre-eminent at home, City rubbish away even when they were top and now the wheels have truly come off, heads are starting to go down. Arsenal need that Champions League spot so it's a ton on the Arsenal. Not much better 2.56 on Betfair so avoid the commission and take the High St. price.

Accas:
Homes: Sunderland (23/10), Bolton (13/ 8) , Chelsea (1/4), Liverpool (4/9), WBA (Evs), Stoke (8/13), Man Utd (2/11)
Draws: Norwich (23/10)(nb)

QM
rogerthymes

Post by rogerthymes »

messiah wrote:I did wonder where your name came from, and whether it was indeed the world's shite-est football commentator
Indeed it is the extremely small Roger De Courcey lookalike with the most boring voice in the history of football commentary. I'd just seen him in the queue at Tescos when I joined up here. Was very tempted to be unpleasant and tell him how rubbish he was but couldn't bring myself to...
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

+£300. Should have be more but 1-0 to the Arse will suffice. Liverpool blowing accas around the country again no doubt.

I'm going with Villa in the early eveing game tonight. Villa are woeful at the best of times, but Stoke are not the same side away as at Fortress Britannia. 13/10 High St., a technically worse 2.34 on Betfair so this must be one of those times when Betfair are not better than the high street chains, although I suspect they don't factor in the commission rate when discussing such comparisons.

Accas:

Homes: Everton (10/11), Newcastle (8/13), Spurs (1/3), Fulham (12/5), Blackburn (5/2)(nb), Man City (2/7)
Aways: Man Utd (4/11), Arsenal (4/9), Swansea (23/10)
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

+£200. Villa are unbelievably rubbish.

With the season now entering the 'silly' period, when form seems to go out of the window and any result seems possible (apart from Wolves winning, now that would be ludicrous), it's wise to try and pick games where there is still stuff to play for. As such, I'm going to stick with the Arsenal at home and ignore the Wigan blip, and take them at Evs against Chelsea. Chelsea got away with it in midweek against Barca, and arguably, this is a more important game than next week's away leg but I'm sure Russki won't see it that way.
2.04 Betfair so might be worth hunting around the high street to see if anybody's got any offers on the game.

Accas:
Homes: Villa (7/5), Newcastle (4/6), QPR (3/1)(nb), Man Utd 1/3, Liverpool (4/9)
Draws: Blackburn (12/5), Bolton (23/10), Fulham (13/5)
Aways: City (1/4)

QM
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

+£100 as the season closes to anopther Quizmaster break even scenario. Still, it's fun.

There's only 1 bet in the Premiership I have any confidence in today and that is the Baggies to do Villa at home. Villa are petrified at the moment, Mcleish is a complete rabbit in the headlights and Albion will destory them. No local derby stalemate here. 11/10 High st. (how WBA are not odds on I do not know), a not much better 2.18 Betfair at time of press. Fill your boots.

Accas:
Homes: Everton (4/5), Sunderland (20/21), Swansea (8/15), Norwich (11/4)(nb), Chelski (2/5), Spurs (4/11)
Draws: Wigan (12/5), Man City (5/2)
Aways: Arsenal (5/6)

QM
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Got to lay Liverpool at 1.8 away to Norwich. Good luck.
Roulette free since December 2011.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

[quote="QuizMaster"]

Prophetic
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Level again. Baggies stalemate also proving my inabilty to use the quote function successfully on this new site.

Bolton are deperate tomorrow, Baggies are not. I thought they had some chances against Spurs midweek but am unsure how the Hodgson announcement will affect Albion. Evens seems a decent bet, although the Newcastle price is amazing at 4-1 to beat City. I'll plump for both this week I think - Bolton will get my money back, Newcastle put me into profit once more.

Accas:
Homes: Arsenal (2/9), Fulham (10/11), QPR (10/11), Man Utd (1/6)
Draws: Villa (5/2), Blackburn (12/5)
Aways: Everton (8/11), Chelsea (7/5)

QM