Cheltenham Champion Tipster: FINAL SCORES

Forum covering Horse Racing, Football and anything else you can do at the Betting Shop!
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

Cheers for doing this along with tallying up the scores H and MoG.

But MoG you added up wrong mate - I started today on 71 and had a winner (Bobs Worth 10pts) along with a second (Denman 12pts), meaning I'm on 93pts. I don't know if any of my selections came 4th.

Hence, I beat you lol. Its all good fun and I look forward to the next tipping comp.

Nice one and well done Jaffa. :D
Master of Games

Post by Master of Games »

So I did! I knew I forgot something! I've corrected it. Well done, you were a good picker!
To talk much and arrive nowhere is the same as climbing a tree to catch a fish.
Northern Monkey

Post by Northern Monkey »

Yep cheers H - glad I wasn't there today as I would have taken a bath. Cheers as well MOG who added some extra energy to the annual renewal.

I've not checked but my feel is on the point scoring on FC is that its getting tougher to pick winners albeit return to level stakes is probably the same/ better. Of course level stakes does not take into account that maybe you'd have had 100 points on Big Bucks etc to pay for the more speculative selections.

Looking forward to Aintree although its one of my bogey meetings- used to go the foxhunters every year on the Friday and never did well and don't think have had the winner of national since Seagram (early nineties ???))
Master of Games

To be totally honest, I know I'm new here and you've had this competition on for a good few years but it doesn't work!! If you look at the results, all you had to do was back every favourite and you'd have won the thing easily. There's no incentive to back a 20/1 winner but I admire the fact that Jaffacat knew the position he was in and still just wrote what he fancied rather than be tactical and play safe. I was looking at his selections thinking I can outsmart him, I was going to change Imperial Commander to Long Run just to give myself some hope but I thought that would piss everyone off - I assume its a bit cheeky doing that! I mean, if I had done that, then picked the last winner, I'd have won it in VERY contraversial circumstances... would it have been allowed???

I'm thinking there has to be another way and I think we should have a test run on some other ways... maybe points according to SPs? It just shows from the fact that Mr Tipster has ended up making more than his £20k target at the meeting!!! He lost £5000 on Baby Run!!! What did he do? I think you know... next winner? Yep, £7500 to win ON THE NOSE! Harry, if you have time, try to show who picked the most winners, places, that kind of thing. If anyone can think of a fairer points system, put it down here! I'm thinking as of now........
jaffacat

Post by jaffacat »

thanks for your honesty MOG.
As you said, it would have been easy for me to go for easy selections rather than the ones I went for, but it`s only a game! Win or lose I wasn`t bothered. It`s the first time I`ve entered, I don`t bet on the horses.Reckon I was just lucky - first time for everthing! :D :shock:
Master of Games

One thing I really like is your avatar but I was visualising you doing that as Leo's Lucky Star came flying but only got 3rd to prevent you doing that!!!