Lad brokes refuse to pay me out & loss of inheritance on

Forum covering Horse Racing, Football and anything else you can do at the Betting Shop!
pokerkingqueen

lol

Post by pokerkingqueen »

or the leccy ran out.
shawstoke

Post by shawstoke »

Scott wrote:Anyone heard of a 'slow count' a friend has explained it to me before, surely you'll be in trouble if you get caught doing this, i bet there are many scams doing the rounds in bookmakers.
Yes, had a couple of those in hwilst working behind the counter, I literally told each of them to 'fuck off mate, get a grip' but plenty of cashiers, especially females, get done over on this daily.

Pretty simple, pick a dog or 2 from the same race, let's say £200 win singles, run upto the counter on the off, get the ticket processed, if the dog(s) break out of the traps well, hand over the money, if not, count it slowly and when dogs are losing, make a fuss and just dont hand over the money and walk off - basically, if you find a dopey cashier (believe me there's plenty) it's a win win situation.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Thats it mate, if you can pull it off its up to you, when theres a dippy bird behind the counter it will be tried in plenty of places.
Cobwebs 👆
jumperabv3

Post by jumperabv3 »

Did you take the receipt back home and scanned it???
Do you have a scan of it?
dorkins

Post by dorkins »

GeoffSharman wrote:
mr lugsy wrote:
Spyder wrote:i dont get how they refuse to pay

they have at least 30 days worth of security footage at all times,

all they have to do is use the machines records and the security footage and a bank statement, and they can track what you put in,

are they allowed to refuse to pay you out?

id take this to the newspaper... try and find someone who is already lobbying against fobt and get them on board... at a push id go for that anne robinson tv show thing

unless there is a known fraud on the fobt, there is no way they have the right to no pay you, unless there is something you havent told us?

agreed ,they have the footage .................the very same footage they would have been able to use instantaneously if you had barricaded the doors and went for the world greenstick fracturing record.

they have the statistics for every credit played on their machines .they have to keep a copy of every betting slip for so many years also.

you've been f##king mugged geoff ,as already stated some members of the press would lap this up.

alot of people do need to return next day to collect sizeable winnings ,i've had to wait till next day for 470 quid at a ImageImage<A HREF='http://www.ladbrokes.com/ast?action=go_asset&new=0&aff_id=18407&asset_id=96' TARGET='_top'>Laddies</A> before,but welching is certainly something i've not heard alot about.
:x
Officially Ladbrokes would not give me a reason in writing, why they have refused to pay out however in the more earlier stages, the person who claimed to be the area manager told me on phone that as there were a group of people around me on the machine, they could not confirm that I was indeed the player (how did he know what I looked like then? My picture wasn't taken by ladbrokes until after that conversation). Granted there were a number of people gathered around watching me & others play, but I find it difficult to believe that they had blocked sight of all images & in any case why should it be my problem if their CCTV is not positioned correctly? I said this myself to the area manager & all he kept saying was they had strict rules to adhere to. Sounded like a broken record.

In the same days I was given other false reasons too such as there were limits to which they could pay out, so which one was it or wasn't there a real reason?

If Ladbrokes had sufficient funds & had paid me on the day this would not have been checked anyway. I believe this only came about after I had stern words with the rude cashier & manager. Why else would they have looked into it.

Ladbrokes have told me in letter that they will no longer correspond with me in relation to this matter and that "our internal investigations have concluded the matter."

I think I have left it too long to approach the media & I just want to forget the whole thing now BUT warn people of the dangers of gambling on those hungry terminals. A cheeky tenner can quickly turn into a heartbreaking hundred or a tearful thousand as was the case with myself & even if you are lucky to hit the "collect" button you may find difficulties being paid. I'm sure it is a rare occurance but unfortunately I was one of those people.

Thank you for the kind words everyone.

Geoff.

can't believe that u spent 13 grand in two weeks of the inheritance that your grandad gave you. you fucking mug and lol how can u blame it ladbrokes that you lost all of the money. you put the money in the machines and instead of going to another bookie to so call make it back u should have took them to the dry cleaners. can u honestly say that ur grandfather would have wanted all his money to go to a bookie??
e4ans

Post by e4ans »

Play using your debit card. Ladbokes give u a voucher n William Hills / Coral load it on the machine. You can prove you are the player and the cash can go back on your card so you dont have to walk around with wads of notes in your pocket
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

just dont play these at all, i went into bookies today to collect a bet for an elderly neighbour who lives in my appartment block. his winnings were 800 quid.anyway there was a crowd around one of these terminals some guy did 500 quid in about 5 minutes and was still ploughing when i left
Master of Games

Post by Master of Games »

I've read the original post, I'd have got those cunts behind the ramp into a lot of strife but what the fuck was this bloke doing??? I can understand getting pissed off but let's face it, he'd have lost the lot sooner or later and the Ladbrokes staff pissing him off may have won him £50000 - but I'm sure eventually he'd have lost that to. Just sounds like he wasn't mentally ever gonna quit.
To talk much and arrive nowhere is the same as climbing a tree to catch a fish.
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

It was really strange when he posted it! Wasnt sure if it was a wind up at first! Not been on here since! Prob in prison!
I am Glendale, much better than you!
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

u hear about a 40 year old plumber from sheffield burnt the fucking bookies to the ground. he had lost about 2 k in fobt, said im coming back for u.....got a petrol can.....went up to the cash desk and poured it all over the desk...women goes wot u think ur doing he goes im burning the place down took out a match lit a betting slip and dropped it on the desk.hes looking at about 10 years

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/bar ... _1_3068410
heyburt

Post by heyburt »

The guy going on about IBAS is talking nonsense. They dealt with a £5500 claim for me a while back and got the crooks to pay out on their scam offer.