FOBT roulette is rigged (again)

Forum covering Horse Racing, Football and anything else you can do at the Betting Shop!
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

as far as im aware, no betting shops are connected, the random number generator is in the shop and controlling only one shops machines,

if anyone wants to test this theory we could go to a ladbrokes or william hill or whatever in different towns nad talk on the phone at the same time....

pretty unlikely that there are hundreds of people sat in all the different betting shops getting the same number, pretty exploitable system
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

barafear799 wrote:yes I've played them plenty Spyder - and yes on occasion I've played two at a time - on some it does spin the same number - other times it doesn't.

most of them will spin the same things in...

bet a £1 on two machines next time you go in (same numbers on both), press start at exactly the same time, it should give the same number.. as you say, some bookies dont, so must have more than one RNG, but most spin the same in on identical bets.. but start fucking with it, bet one red one black.. they will both go opposite, or one might win. but they wont be the same number, but on identical bets, they always land the same???
PMK

Post by PMK »

Roulette tables and machines have been around for years because they make £'s and big £'s!

They don't need to be rigged as the odds are ALWAYS stacked against you. It's that simple.

It seems that people only seem to bring this up when they've done brains in one. What about the quick touches people get?

I had one yesterday, £10 in £130 out 3 of my few no.s came in out of four spins!!

Now was that rigged? Was the machine in payout mode? Was it trying to make up %age? A mini streak?

NO! Just a bit of luck!!

There was a guy sat on one for about 2 hours doin about £60 a spin while I was faffing about with £5-£20 bets on dogs and horses. He left £300 up. £60 a spin for 2 hours? £300 up? Rigged or his lucky day?

On the other terminal some chink did about £200 of £20 spins and got fuck all and left? Rigged or his unlucky day?

See where I'm goin?????
barafear799

Post by barafear799 »

in response to PMK:

I can see where you're going - you're giving a few small examples of people playing them (in fairly short time)

I agree that those of us that think they are rigged also give small examples - however, I, for one, can look at it over a much longer period - both from playing (rather stupidly) and also watching others - over a period of time, the suggestion has been that the punter is losing far more heavily and quickly than they should.

As I've said though, it is impossible to prove - because the answer can basically be: "if it was a possibility, then it might happen" (ie: if you cover 36 numbers, and the other one comes in, then what did u expect)

It's like thinking that a match on a footy coupon on a Saturday will finish in a 3-2 result to the outsider (sorry I was just thinking of a suitable 33/1 shot in a sporting environment - I think 3-2 to the outsider in a footy match is a fair comparison)

Ok - when the footy season starts - go down the results on a Sunday - let's say 45 matches (ignore Scotland) - count how many 3-2 victories for the outsider.

Then go into any betting shop - play 45 spins and cover 36 numbers (even change which one you leave out midway thru) - what's the chances there will be more "losers" on the fobt than winners on the footy?

Sorry - I'm getting a bit carried away now.......
DildoDez

Post by DildoDez »

barafear799 wrote:in response to PMK:

I can see where you're going - you're giving a few small examples of people playing them (in fairly short time)

I agree that those of us that think they are rigged also give small examples - however, I, for one, can look at it over a much longer period - both from playing (rather stupidly) and also watching others - over a period of time, the suggestion has been that the punter is losing far more heavily and quickly than they should.

As I've said though, it is impossible to prove - because the answer can basically be: "if it was a possibility, then it might happen" (ie: if you cover 36 numbers, and the other one comes in, then what did u expect)

It's like thinking that a match on a footy coupon on a Saturday will finish in a 3-2 result to the outsider (sorry I was just thinking of a suitable 33/1 shot in a sporting environment - I think 3-2 to the outsider in a footy match is a fair comparison)

Ok - when the footy season starts - go down the results on a Sunday - let's say 45 matches (ignore Scotland) - count how many 3-2 victories for the outsider.

Then go into any betting shop - play 45 spins and cover 36 numbers (even change which one you leave out midway thru) - what's the chances there will be more "losers" on the fobt than winners on the footy?

Sorry - I'm getting a bit carried away now.......
why? :?

Isn't that just the same as ignoring all losing spins when 17 is left uncovered, and 17 'rolls' in?
ming

Post by ming »

ive noticed in a corals that when you press the starts buttons at the same time they come up with diff numbers now

also saw a bloke win £500 off one of those scratchcards in ladbrokes yesterday, couldnt believe it
JG

Post by JG »

I think it's a lot harder to get the same number with pressing at the 'same' time as the RNG generates more random numbers per second than it used to do.

Edwardb, you mention in a nearby thread that if the machine was rigged, then there would be serious consequences from the gaming comission.

Now I'm going to divert away from LBO FOBT for a bit and I wish to talk about a B3 (also C) product in the current market. Namely CMS Classic Roulette and also the super bets on some CMS games. This is all reliant on witness A and what witness A wishes to divulge and talk about openly on these forums.

Officer! Would you step forward and talk about blocked super bets please etc if that's not asking too much. Also funny numbers, although I appreciate some things you may not wish to talk about in too much depth on here.

I'm now struggling to believe that £3000 staked per day on each terminal. I've been in outskirt Ladbrokes for reasons other than roulette and noticed many long periods during which machines are unplayed or punters just stick in shrapnel. For a town centre Ladbrokes, maybe, you often see all four terminals in play. An outskirts Ladbrokes? I don't buy it. Also consider much of their 2000 shop estate would be outskirt based shops. Is this all reasonable assumption, or pointless hot air in the face of cold hard facts?
JG
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

The last time i played one was about 6 months ago, i lost 180 that day, i remember it vividly bcos i lost all the notes i had one me, went into my pocket and took 1.50 out and put it on 2 with a split on 5 for 50p only bcos 22 had come in last time. dink 45 quid. now i hadnt won a single spin in 9 covering around 14 numbers now after this day i knew something didnt feel right. and i never played one again
edwardb

Post by edwardb »

JG wrote:Edwardb, you mention in a nearby thread that if the machine was rigged, then there would be serious consequences from the gaming comission.
Correct. They are seizing illegal machines like there is no tomorrow at the moment.

The industry is very good at policing itself, certainly when it comes to the big boys, and anyone who flouts the rules will get a letter or a phone call with a gentle nudge to tow the line.

The consequences for all involved - manufacturers and operators - if machines were "fixed" is just incomprehensible.

As for FOBT machines's takings, well it varies per site, but the real money is made online these days. I prefer to play online nowadays, the returns are so much better at ~96.5%. Who'd play an AWP at 78% with a £70 jackpot? Not me!
Scott

Post by Scott »

Me :)
Cobwebs 👆
PMK

Post by PMK »

Me 2!!

I've seen what these high %age 'random' on line machines can take for a single feature!!
edwardb

Post by edwardb »

PMK wrote:Me 2!!

I've seen what these high %age 'random' on line machines can take for a single feature!!
Yep, but you can also get a bonus and a big win in just a few games. I was just playing DaVinci Diamonds a minute ago, 3 spins in and 6 freespins, retriggered twice, and £95 for a £3 stake, thanks very much.

That is the beauty of random games. But playing at 95% you get a much better game for your money!
JG

Post by JG »

At £3/spin, with no feature to play, that £95 will disappear in the blink of a blinking eye lid that's blinking. I was expecting an extra zero or two on the end for £3 a spin. 30 losing/small win spins taking a second each and it's goodbye money.

At least on feature machines you get to go around the board regularly and not have to put £1000 in to do so.....
JG
PMK

Post by PMK »

And there is the %age to kick in!!

£100 in to a random(on average 95% malarkey)? Might aswell be £1 or a £10k in. Makes no difference.

Give me our standard awp's anyday!
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

if you can all be arsed ,,,,,,,,,,,,, from first post to last ,,,,,,,, this is well worth a re-read ,,,,

i especially find barafears posts interesting.
Little discipline = BIG issue