any advice

Forum covering Horse Racing, Football and anything else you can do at the Betting Shop!
bob666

Post by bob666 »

cheers for the advice folks going ot take it all on board cause its all so true i can have a thousand pound in my pocket be out shopping and not buy a tea shirt cause its £40 but i will spin a £100 in one go whith out a thought i need to value money and see what i can have instead of wasting it think i need to stay out of bookies full stops no football bets nothing as thats what gets me in half the time watch will keep u inforem hows its going
pager

Post by pager »

Bob,

I for one used to stick 100s in these at every paycheck.
I'd be lying if I said I never played them now,but I don't like the fact you are playing a computer! I rarely play them now-maybe once a month because the simple fact is you CANNOT BEAT ROULETTE!
Try turning your way of thinking around from random gambles into something more dead cert if you want to.For me poker has changed the way I see gambling,as you're more in control-Yes it is still gambling but if you have the time to sit and play these FOBTs,then perhaps take up something where you can change the outcome of a game perhaps.

It's worked for me but obviously I hope you can beat the demons of these machines.
Feel free to PM me anytime and good luck.

steve
The Beast Is Gonna Pay...

Post by 999329753 »

Quite simply, you cannot win on roulette. 8 out of 10 times you walk into bookies to play the wheel with say £100 you will walk out potless because its very difficult to walk with any sort of profit. If you do happen to slot in £100 and make it up to £500+ and then decide to walk you will still lose. It just means that you will visit another bookies sooner than you would have because an air of invincibility takes over where inevitably the profir from before will be lost.

A very good friend of mine is hooked on these to the point of logging online to play at 00:01 on payday to get his fix. I have seen him turn £50 into 3k, collect the cash then be in another bookies within 30 mins where he did the lot. I posted somewhere a story where he gambled up to 14k on virgin casin only to realise he then needed to provide more ID to withdraw, in the meantime he lost the lot.

If you can stick a 10er in and be happy with 20 out then roulette is fine. For anyone else, leave well alone!!
JG

Post by JG »

So true. Some people can gamble quite casually. It's a social £1 each way on England to come second in the 1:40 at Lingfield 5p/10p NLHE chatter yakker yakker about gambling. It's all banter, anal statistics and blokey piss taking. There might even be a scruffy fiver fed into a FOBT and no bother when it's gone. To some, gambling is simply a way of, Gamcare cliche alert, "buying entertainment". A flirtation with Lady Luck.
Unfortunatley for far too many, gambling is a beast with which to violently lock horns with. The simple goal is to win money, lots of money and that will be done by any means possible, even if it means staking incredible amounts of money, time and emotion. The logic is absolutely crazy, as expressed in Harry's post, which was beautiful and epitomises the 'true' gambler mindset perfectly. Shameful, but how true is that? How true is that? Total time space rifts in the appreciation of the value of money and a general outside of gambling tightness.
I'm not the man to tell you how to stop gambling. I know if you're gambling on fruit machines and losing, it sure as hell helps to start winning and then it's not gambling, it's a few extra bob by knowing that 2-3-1 is sets appeal and if it's showing la-de-la then blah blah blah isn't far away.
That isn't going to happen with roulette on a FOBT, unless you find a fraud, the mathematics is simple and you will lose.
STOP. FOR YOUR OWN SANITY.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

i sympathise with you like everyone else ,,,,,,,,

however the part i dont get , is that you say you couldn't go into a rehab program for 8 months ,,,,,,,,,, why not , please elaborate .

think about it , if your worried about losing your job ,,,,,,, dont worry ,,,,,, think about it , you may as well not be in a job (no matter how well paid) because you've never got any money left from it anyhow , in a way it's feeding your addiction , ,,,,,,,, so if 8 months did cure you , you would only have the dole to look forward to when you got out , but you would still be better off , because at least it would stay in your pocket , and another job would come along shortly anyhow .

now if you cant go in for relationship reasons , then thats a different kettle altogether , ,,,, i couldn't do it neither .

but im sure your partner / family , would respect you more for doing it , and give you support along the way .

at the end of the day , you yourself have got to really want to stop .

and eight months soon passes
Little discipline = BIG issue

bob666

Post by bob666 »

the rehab idea is great on paper but 8 monthes is a long time and apart from a few friends no one nows about my gamberling my mum does not no and i dont want her to no cause i am ashamed of the eprson i have become lying to her etc telling her lost my wallet my lap top was stolen the list goes on all to cover my gamberling i really dont want her to no plus i do work i cant afford to not work for that long a time wish i could lol i am just going to take some of the advie on board thats been said in here thinking aqbout giving a trusted friend control of my money hopefully that will help
skytrax1

Post by skytrax1 »

Hi if you really must play use free games on sky tv and the internet . But the best advice i could give would be to get an interest/hobbie/charity work that takes up a lot of your time so you dont have time to visit the bookmakers.
When i played these things it was because of a change in job and i had time. Use up your time elsewhere.
The goverment are looking at FOBT's to see if they are addictive.
Regards.
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

You could always while your time away with this...

http://www.fruit-machine-emulators.com/ ... s_s16.html
joe3_3

Post by joe3_3 »

Alot of links on that page :shock: .................................................