egggate story continues..........

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
cool

egggate story continues..........

Post by cool »

Dear Cool,
Thank you for your email regarding Eggheads.
I can assure you that our audition process does not "screen out the best teams and leave the muppets". We try to represent a broad cross section of society in the teams that we select to take on the Eggheads and there is no one specific magic ingredient that we are looking for.
We would be delighted to receive an application from members of Fruitmachinechat and I will keep a keen eye out for its arrival.
Kind regards,
Robert

Rob Dean - Series Producer
Eggheads - 12Yard Productions
( 07831741147
8 rob.dean@12yard.com

Rob Dean | Series Producer | ITV plc
131-151 Great Titchfield Street | London | W1W 5BB | Tel: 02071565785 | Mob: 07831741147 | Rob.Dean@12yard.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 02 September 2009 09:44
To: Eggheads
Subject: eggheads auditions

Hello,
I am a major contributor to Fruitmachinechat (in terms of chat) and one of its sections is concerned with quizzes. A reoccurring theme is as to whether Eggheads has a fair screening process or not.Not a single person from our site to my knowledge has ever got past the audition stage for the programme and the consensus of opinion is that the screening process screens out the best teams and leaves the muppets (in the main) to get slaughtered by the Eggheads.To change this opinion , whether its real or perceived perhaps you would like to accept a challenge by a Fruitmachinechat in the near future or perhaps at the very least comment and inform us exactly what you require to get on your programme as many of our members have achieved appearances on other quiz shows.
Regards,
Cool aka P.Johnson.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12 Yard Productions ("12 Yard") is a partnership between David Young 12 Yard Productions Limited (registered in England and Wales under company number 4191297) and 12 Yard Productions (Investments) Limited (registered in England and Wales under company number 4195187) whose principal place of business is at 131-151 Great Titchfield Street, bloop, London W1W 5BB . Please visit the official 12 Yard website at http://www.12yard.com for the latest company news.

The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential, may be privileged, may be subject to blooping copyright and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email and you are not the intended bloopipient please notify postmaster@itv.com and delete this email and you are notified that disclosing, copying, blooping. distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this email are strictly prohibited.

Although 12 Yard routinely screens for viruses and irrational blooping noises, recipients should scan this email and any attachments for viruses. 12 Yard makes no representation or warranty that this email or any of its attachments is free of viruses, bleeps, bloops or defects and does not accept any responsibility for any damage caused by any virus or defect transmitted by this email. 12 Yard reserves the right to monitor all e mails and the systems upon which such e mails are stored or circulated.

This email does not conclude a binding agreement. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of 12 Yard.

Please think of the environment before printing this email.

Thank you

I doubt the programme makers have any problem with putting on the contents of the e-mails, if the moderators think otherwise please remove cheers!
harry2

Post by harry2 »

ps Have you invented a triple g letter word ?
Roulette free since December 2011.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Excellent! Love the fruitmachinechat reference and the quoted 'muppet' line. :)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

Great post. :) i always enjoy words with three of the same letter in a row. My oed only has BRASSSMITH, AGREEETH and TWEEER. But EGGGATE gets a gold star for Cool.
nobody ever wins on those things.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Hows about Awoooga? :wink:
Cobwebs 👆
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

class cool, it would only be fair that you select five others and poach the eggheads' loot.
quizard

Post by quizard »

It's gonna be embarrassing if you lost now though :)

Plus if you play under the name Fruitchat it sounds like a gay messageboard :)
Give Us A Break 30th Anniversary
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

I say, i say, i say, how do you make a fruit cordial?
fotherz

Post by fotherz »

Istenem wrote:I say, i say, i say, how do you make a fruit cordial?
Because it saw the salad dressing.
steveseagull

Post by steveseagull »

And the lettuce being tossed.
In Gustavo Augusto Poyet Dominguez we trust.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

also finnish/swedish ÄÄÄÄLSKAR and estonian JÄÄÄÄRNE have four in a row. and each Ä is pronounced separately.

i need some new pans.
fotherz

Post by fotherz »

Istenem wrote:i need some new pans.
:lol:
grecian

Post by grecian »

Credit to them for taking the time to reply, but I don't think we should be too hopeful, as what high-ups at Eggheads say and what happens in practice have in the past been two different things. (The second time a team featuring me applied, it did so on the basis of C.J. de Mooi personally asking us to, and telling us the admissions policy had changed...)
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

grecian wrote:I don't think we should be too hopeful, as what high-ups at Eggheads say and what happens in practice have in the past been two different things.
Absolutely. The risk you take is in giving up a working day (either SWPing or a 'real job' :wink: ), depending on how long it would take you to get to central London * and back, knowing that you have no guarantee of getting on the show. I'm not going through the whole charade again but if six of you want to have a go, the very best of luck.

* As far as I know, Eggheads is now going to be filmed in Glasgow so I suppose there is a possibility that they might move their auditions there as well]
ROSSKEEN

Post by ROSSKEEN »

&quot wrote:
grecian wrote:I

* As far as I know, Eggheads is now going to be filmed in Glasgow so I suppose there is a possibility that they might move their auditions there as well]

Yeah, with its new swanky headquarters in Glasgow, a lot more things are filmed there now. I'm almost certain all national lottery gameshows are filmed there now.