pointless game on paragon v5

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
ming

pointless game on paragon v5

Post by ming »

the new skill game on v5 seems to be the most pointless game.. thinks its called trailblazer or something similar, where you have to tap the screen to follow the trail. this is all good but if your area is like mine there is always a place on the screen where the touchscreen is broken and since there are loads of of random trails its sodlaw that the trail goes across that broken part.
i havent played one yet in a pub that has worked properly.
what are people opinions on this and the others.
BigEd

Re: pointless game on paragon v5

Post by BigEd »

ming wrote:the new skill game on v5 seems to be the most pointless game.. thinks its called trailblazer or something similar, where you have to tap the screen to follow the trail.
Don't tap the screen, just drag your finger along the maze.
Oh, I'm so scared.
darren

Re: pointless game on paragon v5

Post by darren »

BigEd wrote:
ming wrote:the new skill game on v5 seems to be the most pointless game.. thinks its called trailblazer or something similar, where you have to tap the screen to follow the trail.
Don't tap the screen, just drag your finger along the maze.
And then enjoy your 9.5 seconds to complete the prize round :lol:
ming

Post by ming »

i have tried both tapping and dragging and have tried to play in about 5 pubs around my way and there has always been a broken part of the screen to stop me at some point.
mostly the broken part is on aa part of the screen that would not normally be used in other games like bottom left or near the edges so any of the old games wouldnt have needed to use this part so i guess no complaints were made so they havent got fixed.
good luck anyway
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

This was one of the games that grecian and I saw on our preview visit to GWHL's offices. My thoughts were that, while it wasn't a game that appealed to me as I would almost certainly be rubbish at it, I could see that some might find it enjoyable but it clearly is a game that depends on the screen being in top nick everywhere, which as ming has said is rarely the case. You sometimes get the same issue with Word Soup - only noticing that some part of the screen is defective when trying to select the letters in that part of the screen, after not having needed to use it in other games.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

You sometimes get the same issue with Word Soup
Indeed a tedious occurence - there's one near me where you have to select the letter you want by pressing 'near the top of the letter to the left of it' - which makes it almost impossible to get anywhere with the game. You then look like a buffoon waiting for 1:40 or so apparently not being able to make a single word - for any update to WS - introduce a 'bomb out' button! :)

There's also an Itbox nearby where the top left-hand quarter of the machine is dead. Do they not frequently test these things? Surely there could be some sort of display test that displays dead areas on the screen? I'm not 100% sure of the technology involved...
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
gmckee03

Post by gmckee03 »

9.5 secs Darren u where lucky was it not 8 it gave me the other day! :?
bowie

Post by bowie »

Scott

Post by Scott »

Looks like he's using his shirt somehow?? bet these boys made a killing, can't say i've ever seen it though and i can't work out how his shirt is helping him??
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

The shirt is preventing the friction between his finger and the screen, so there's no sticking just a smooth movement all across the screen. I've had a look at a few other videos of that, purely rigged to just pay out when it's ready, normally the clock just speeds up the quicker you are.
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
Scott

Post by Scott »

Fair enough, if you was doing that well out of it you could buy a glove, if anyone questioned you then you could say it was a tribute too Michael Jackson, simples :)
Weyland

Post by Weyland »

Matt Vinyl wrote:Do they not frequently test these things? Surely there could be some sort of display test that displays dead areas on the screen? I'm not 100% sure of the technology involved...
The touch part is another screen on top of it, it's not associated with the display. I'd guess that your average cab uses a capacitive touchscreen (glass coated with a conductor) which isn't really testable without a moving outside charge, like a finger.

It is bloody irritating though, I agree. ;)