Discuss Quiz Machines here..
ming

what is the largest carnivorous land mammal

Post by ming »

the answers were

a grizzly bear

b polar bear

c lion

gamesnet thinks grizzly but i thought polar was correct and got it wrong even though david attenborough agrees with me ...
Scott

Post by Scott »

Polar bear is correct, its not the first question a quiz machine has got wrong and it won't be the last, very annoying when you know for a fact you are correct.
Cobwebs 👆
ming

Post by ming »

do anyone remember anymore
harry2

Post by harry2 »

What was the nationality of Christopher Columbus ?

a) Italian

b) Spanish

c) French

b) :roll: :x
Roulette free since December 2011.
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

One from connect 4 :-

Which place is not in Spain?

a) Barcelona
b) Bilbao
c) Vigo.

Machine's answer is c, but they are all in Spain although technically you could argue the answer should be b as it's part of the Basque country.
Bored of the grind.
rogerthymes

Post by rogerthymes »

the other day Bully gave me:

Where is Pink?

a) New York
b) Pennysylvania
c) Los Angeles

I knew she was born and raised in b so went with that but neither myself or the machine could be sure she was there at the exact time the question was asked.
WaterGate

Post by WaterGate »

Play with matches and you get your fingers burnt!
grecian

Post by grecian »

That Vigo one has been around on a few different Channel One games - annoying but at least the most obvious "wrong" answer (i.e. Vigo, because it's obscure) is the wrong one.

Maybe the Pink question that Roger raises (and which I've not seen) is about a town or city called Pink rather than the singer?
Northern Monkey

Post by Northern Monkey »

According to Wiki there is a Pink in Oklahoma although thats not one of the options
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

rogerthymes wrote:I knew she was born and raised in b so went with that but neither myself or the machine could be sure she was there at the exact time the question was asked.
Maybe this is a vision of the future for quiz machines - live questions which are constantly being updated! No need for spoilers then...

:wink:
roberto la vigna

Post by roberto la vigna »

Nil Satis wrote:Maybe this is a vision of the future for quiz machines - live questions which are constantly being updated! No need for spoilers then...
Or maybe a quiz machine that can cause noteworthy events remotely, about which it then poses questions.
kingzilla

Post by kingzilla »

Sadly you are allways going to get incorrect questions, it is not possible for game testers because of time taken to test a game to go through every question in the game. But if they are spotted and reported the developer usually fixes them.
darcle

Post by darcle »

Pink is a small town in North Eastern Pennsylvania just off I-84 and I-81. Its not too far from New York City. Its one of those typical small American towns with not a great deal there.
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

grecian wrote:That Vigo one has been around on a few different Channel One games - annoying but at least the most obvious "wrong" answer (i.e. Vigo, because it's obscure) is the wrong one.
Annoyingly I know Celta Vigo play football in Spain though so I put Bilbao as I thought the machine was trying to screw me on a technicality...
Bored of the grind.