Crazy Golf Game

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
tka

Crazy Golf Game

Post by tka »

Has anyone ever won any money out of this?
I have played it far too much wasting too much time and money. :(
No wonder I drink!
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

There is definitely some money to be had from this one as long as:

(a) you develop the basic skill needed to hole the 'putts' - and it is skill with no tricks or fiddles (unlike a certain darts-based game I won't mention ... oh go on then ... unlike Bullseye!) although some people might dispute this - see point (c)

(b) you only play when the mood of the game is average to good - I'd say any more than 800-850 points is going to make it hard to get to the end game, particularly if you are only getting 50 points a time. The newer version of the game - where you only get 1 Try Again and 1 Pass to start and some of the holes are harder - seems to offer 1000+ quite a lot and any target like that is going to be very tricky indeed to achieve

(c) you can play the end game itself. I don't believe it is rigged in the same way that Bullseye is, in that although it IS undoubtedly hard to get ball through the door of the windmill, it can be done and all the prizes are then equally achievable (unlike in Bully)

I like this game personally for the skill element and for the relative lack of ridiculous spoilers ('What was the 17th character of the last question?' and all that cojones). I've never won the Jackpot but it has certainly been good for a few quid.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

haven't played it for ages, but from what i remember and as NS says, there aren't too many spoilers except when the course has a great big wedge which tiger woods couldn't get round or a circle. with ridiculously narrow gap at the edge.
nobody ever wins on those things.
markmc

Post by markmc »

I've never won myself, but a few of my mates have won 1 or 2 quid a couple of times. I think once you get used to the aiming then you should do better out of it, tka.

A tip that I've been told is to aim for the wall for a rebound instead of going straight for the hole, especially on uphill slopes, as for some reason the game lets them in more often. Dunno how much truth there is to that, but I have seen some strong evidence for it. Also, (probably stating the obvious), always go for an extra shot or two to get to the 150 rather than 50 or 100 (cant remember exactly how the points system works) holes. Its quite easy to forget different holes are worth different amounts when you've had a few jars, though.

Worth an occasional shot, i'd say, if only for the fun element.

Mark
tka

Post by tka »

I just find myself loosing 50p each time on 850. Maybe someone near me is emptying it?
No wonder I drink!
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

Possibly. 850 is the 'par' total (if you pardon the pun!) in the same way that £2 for 32,000 points is the most common setting on real Millionaire.

I have noticed on the second version of Crazy Money that it reacts badly to any sort of win i.e. by setting the next target to around 1100. For that reason it seems to be a game that you need to stop playing if you do get a win unless you have credits to waste.
WaterGate

Post by WaterGate »

Like most games of this type, once you've worked the angles/strength it's just down to the questions as there isn't an unlimited amount of courses. :D
tka

Post by tka »

Well duh!
That is what the game is all about :wink:
No wonder I drink!