ISSUE 54 - WORD UP HAS GONE

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
dm

ISSUE 54 - WORD UP HAS GONE

Post by dm »

I played an Issue 54 today. Bad news guys... Word Up/Soup has disappeared. :x

The layout has been redesigned so I reckon an extra 5 or 6 games are on the two screens.

DOUBLE VISION: you have a picture on the left and a different one on the right. Different jigsaw pieces float down the screen and you have to pick left or right depending on which picture they fit into. Good mental work out, and a strange prize structure. Minimum prize appears to be £5. Needless to say I didn't win anything

HELLS BELLS: looks like a total rip off of Caveman Capers

THE GRID: Les Dennis TV show which I've never seen and didn't really know what I was supposed to be doing

SOME CROSSWORD QUIZ (the real name is forgettable and I've forgotten it): answer questions get letters etc.

Possibly one or two others.

Anyway 2 games on Double Vision and 1 on each of the other three and didn't get withing sniffing distance of a quid.

But the terrible news is WORD UP has gone (from the machine I played at any rate). Just as I was getting decent at it
:(
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

It has been on ItBoxes for years now though....nothing lasts forever! Maybe it's nto getting the plays anymore now loads of tv shows are makign quiz machine appearances.

Bring back brainteaser! :D
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Properpro

Post by Properpro »

I've seen an Issue 54, Word Soup was still there. :)
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

i used to like that easy one were the fruits drop down and you match 3+ to pop em. Brilliant game used to win the £2-£3 most of the time. Word ups quality aswell when the pounds on 750. :)
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
dm

Post by dm »

Properpro wrote:I've seen an Issue 54, Word Soup was still there. :)
Well that's OK then.

What did you think of the new games?
WaterGate

Post by WaterGate »

:roll:
Nil Satis

Re: ISSUE 54 - WORD UP HAS GONE

Post by Nil Satis »

dmac07 wrote:HELLS BELLS: looks like a total rip off of Caveman Capers

SOME CROSSWORD QUIZ (the real name is forgettable and I've forgotten it): answer questions get letters etc.
Hells Bells is indeed a rip off of Caveman Capers, only much harder to win on - I'm pretty sure the test site I saw this on a few months ago was a 'virgin' machine, so it's not like I had been beaten to it - and it's much less visually appealing as well. Ho hum.

The Crossword Quiz is truly awful - it's right down there with the worst of the worst.

I don't know about the other two but I won't be holding my breath in anticipation of anything decent!
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

i found crossword quiz to be okay. the endgame is really easy.
£1 in £5 out.
i looked at the bullseye thing and looked straight back out, far too complicated and i doubt whether mug punters will bother with it either.
i'm with DMAC on that les dennis thing, no idea what that is all about.
nobody ever wins on those things.
wires74

Post by wires74 »

could anyone tell me what games have been removed from issue 54 ?
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Pub Series Cricket
Scratch & Match
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
wires74

Post by wires74 »

x factor not been dismissed then ?
rogerthymes

Post by rogerthymes »

My twopennorth:

Hells Bells - unbelievably bad. will not be playing this again

'New' Bullseye - played the music bullseye one for a quid a couple of times and just won a quid back, rendering it a bit of a pointless exercise. Eventually couldn't resist the £5 game to see what would happen. Guess what? I won a quid! (ie I lost four quid!) Stupid.

The Grid - at first it looks like a similar idea to DOND but once I got that BANKRUPT square - sending my points total back to zero I lost heart and decided not to bother with that again.

Crossword - first go I won £4 quite easily. second go very hard. Obviously another one where if you get on the machine first you might get a few quid. Tedious game though.

Trivial Pursuit - not too hard to win a quid. Bit dull though.

All in all - bunch of crap. Oh and I was surprised not to see TOTP, even though its strewn with errors. All those different versions of Bullseye betray an absolute dearth of imagination.
wires74

Post by wires74 »

nobody mentioned TAKE IT OR LEAVE so thats a small blessing !
Properpro

Post by Properpro »

dm wrote: What did you think of the new games?
Must say, purely from a profit angle, I don't share the doom and gloom about all the new games. Easy money here, and if some of them last good future propects.
One game at least looks very promising, but my view is at complete odds with fellow FruitChaters and I don't wish to raise a debate. I'd rather have a proper look and hopefully be able to say "Told you so". :wink:

I will come clean if I'm wrong! :)

Money goes in, maybe lots will come out.
wires74

Post by wires74 »

properpro did u ever bump into GILLIVER on your travels ?