fantasy football quiz

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Istenem

fantasy football quiz

Post by Istenem »

i really like this one, yet to win anything more than one picture of Her Majesty but i like the structure. i realise another thread has touched on this but i'm just doing a touch of spring cleaning. la la la.

of course it is rigged in that when you win, the top teams also win but i don't think anyone should be surprised by this. the structure is simple, it will appeal to groups of lads and afaik is one of few Q&A games which has any sort of playability.
nobody ever wins on those things.
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

All true but Mystic Nil says here and now that you won't win any real money on it. As long as you are OK with that then it's a reasonable enough game.
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

P.S. In case you think I am disparaging you, for 'you' read 'we'...
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

that's okay, i made a typo too, i spelled ac with a k.

anyhow, once i've sullied myself with the free money elsewhere i will happily drink the rest of my iffy pint and play this one. it knocks the spots off dond.
dm

Post by dm »

Nil Satis wrote:All true but Mystic Nil says here and now that you won't win any real money on it. As long as you are OK with that then it's a reasonable enough game.
depends on what you mean by "real money". Nuts & Bullsy (the only 2 Q&A games which don't bore me to tears) are often good for 3 or 4 quid. As thingy says this will attract the same sort of player.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Isn't this one called Fantasy Football Quiz? Not to be confused with the truly awful Football Manager Quiz which came and went a few months back?

This is only mildly awful in comparison.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

my bad. i have changed the title of the thread.
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

QuizMaster wrote:Isn't this one called Fantasy Football Quiz? Not to be confused with the truly awful Football Manager Quiz which came and went a few months back?

This is only mildly awful in comparison.
It is indeed Fantasy Football Quiz. The other one you mention was/is truly awful - easily in the Top Ten Games from Hell - and given that it directly replaced Big Match World Cup on the Gamesnets, even to the extent of being on the same Football Games 'tab', I believe it was a punishment aimed directly at Mr Brewis's eternal soul.
dmac07 wrote:depends on what you mean by "real money". Nuts & Bullsy (the only 2 Q&A games which don't bore me to tears) are often good for 3 or 4 quid. As thingy says this will attract the same sort of player.
As for the question re 'real money', I suppose I would define that as the opportunity to win say £8-£10 on a consistent basis, by which I don't mean I expect games to pay out those sort of prizes every game, or indeed at all after someone else has just won a decent prize or two, but that such prizes aren't to all intents and purposes forbidden by the game structure. Nuts, for example, did originally offer a reasonable chance at say £3-£4 as you say (although it's recognisably harder nowadays) but to win £10 you would need to have been given all 16 of the Covers for Cash and that just isn't going to happen.

I've never played the machines for a living so 'real money' in this context doesn't equate to that but I suppose a nice rule of thumb is that if they aren't paying you at the very least twice the minimum wage (currently £6 an hour I believe) there are probably better things to be doing with your time.

On the other hand I fully accept that winning decent money isn't a factor for many players, and that considerations of enjoyment, intellectual challenge, nice graphics, sociability and so on all then become more important. Why else do I always have a game or two of Word So(Up) when my best score has stubbornly stayed in the 1600s for longer than I can remember?

:wink:
grecian

Post by grecian »

Oh come, you both under-rate Football Manager Quiz slightly. True, when it's not paying it's a dog, but I've twice taken £5+ out of it in a good mood which is more than on a number of games where anything much north of £1 seems impossible. It's certainly no Big Match World Cup but I'll always punt a 50p into FMQ if I happen upon a GamesNet.
dm

Post by dm »

This is a really good game I've decided. Played it twice last night, got 38 games both times (78 & 81pts) for nothing and a quid respectively. Questions were repeating (each time I've played I've had WHo is this? Mark Viduka).

The good thing is that there are not many genuine spoilers in the questions - it's the way the game is structured that fecks you up, so the scoreboards should be a genuine reflection of player's knowledge.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

I must admit an extended look at this (as I do with all games issued) has revealed its sweeter nature to me.

Although there are a siginificant number of spoilers, it's definitely a potential earner if you know your stuff. Haven't jackpotted it yet, but there are £5's readily available in there.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
grecian

Post by grecian »

Finally managed to locate an ItBox 53 with this on tonight, and played about £5's worth of games. In summary, not at all bad. Out of those ten or so games I only had two cash wins - £1 and £3, and finished the season three or four times I think. But an 80 per cent return on a very first play was quite promising, I thought. I think £20s on this are really going to be very rare - the champion teams seem to be getting almost 100 points normally and the questions are difficult enough to mean that getting more than low 90s will be a real challenge. That said, I noticed a couple of times in my ten games that the questions were easier, and lo and behold I won some cash on those two occasions, on one occasion getting 88 points, and only losing the £5 position with two games to go. All of which suggests a bit of potential here. It's also great fun, so kudos to whoever made it.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Yep it's ok this one. Good enjoyment if anything, quite hard to win off. Not made it to the end yet, i've finished 6th and got booted off though. Who gets relegated in the top half anyway! :D 8)

p.s. Where are the mighty Cambridge United on it? We'd piss that tinpot league any day 8)
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
dm

Post by dm »

got my best score and prize on this tonight

95 points for a fiver (finchley rd. spoons)

anyone else still playing this? going by the hi scores it's a pretty popular game
echoes

Post by echoes »

I'm liking this game a lot. The mix of football (home) and non-football (away) is a nice touch.

£3 on the first go and £5 on the second go. It got harder after that and I was out after about half a dozen questions. :shock: