Version 53

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Hexpert

Version 53

Post by Hexpert »

Anyone else had a go at the new stuff on Version 53?

Fantasy Football quiz is a bit fast and furious but a nice concept

Celebrity Snap does exactly what it says on the tin and never had a go at the new no questions DOND with added SBB effect
wires74

Post by wires74 »

what has been removed from the previous edition ?
ZAX

Post by ZAX »

Played the new DOND aka SBB (DOND) - same thing really, you wait and wait for the numbers to come out and they................ dont come out. Quelle surprise. I know it says no question DOND but I still ended up with one question - Why does my curiosity always get the better of me?!

Sure itll be massive anyway :wink:
quizard

Post by quizard »

wires74 wrote:what has been removed from the previous edition ?
Deals on Wheels had gone from the one I saw.
dm

Post by dm »

wires74 wrote:what has been removed from the previous edition ?
saw my first word soup on an Itbox today... not sure it was a proper Issue 53 because I didn't get a chance to play it.
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

I stumbled upon an old It-box the other day (it had Buzzle on it which gives a clue as to its age). I was quite surprised to see Boggle on it, as I didn't think it existed anyway but Gamesnet machines.
dm

Post by dm »

Cardinal Richelieu wrote:I stumbled upon an old It-box the other day (it had Buzzle on it which gives a clue as to its age). I was quite surprised to see Boggle on it, as I didn't think it existed anyway but Gamesnet machines.
Christ...Buzzle was shite..

Boggle was on Itbox from about September to February.
grecian

Post by grecian »

I had a quick glance, but not a play, of an ItBox 53 in my local. Looked appalling: I could only spot three new additions - DOND No Questions, Word Soup and Celebrity Something-or-Rather which I've seen at a test site before. So, no quiz games at all. I hope that the success of Skill Ball Bingo does not lead to the replacement of ItBoxes as SWP with ItBoxes as gambling terminals.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

It's worrying how similar 'appalling' is to 'appealing' - I misread your post there Grecian at first... :shock:
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
dm

Post by dm »

I think Shoot for the Stars has finally gone, sad for me but not for anyone else I imagine

Fantasy Football Quiz sounds intriguing....
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

In case it's not clear Word Soup is just a rebranding of Word Up, with only two slight changes that I can see - (i) the 'larger' dictionary is now used, meaning even amateurs like me can clear quite regularly (albeit for virtually no monetary reward!) and (ii) arrows are displayed linking each selected letter, which I believe is also the case on the freebie version available from bigfizz.com.

The Celebrity game is Celebrity Snap which I have not bothered to even give the time of day to - it's Snap FFS!

I gave the Fantasy Football game a spin and it's an interesting idea that may appeal to punters but it's of no interest to anyone on here (I'd hope!). The upside for punters is that if they are reasonably strong on both football and general knowledge they will actually get a 38-question game for their 50p - each question represents a home or away game in the Premier League. I bet you can't guess what the downside is? - yep, it's going to be all but impossible to win more than £1. You have to finish in the top 4 of the League, with £1 for 4th, but to finish 1st or 2nd I'd reckon you'd need to be answering 36+ questions right and as ever there are some real stinkers in there. Also, if you get more than a couple in a row wrong, you slip into the 'relegation zone', which doesn't stay as the bottom 3 but constantly moves up the table, and that means Game Over.

The DOND No Questions game seems to be the same basic premise as Skill Ball Bingo but again offers no promise for anyone reading this.

We're all doomed I tell you!

Mr Happy

:lol:
dm

Post by dm »

I have only played one Version 53 so far... but

a: Shoot for the Stars was on this one

b: "New Trivial Pursuit" was also on it

c: Some fast answer true/false game called Gone For 60 Seconds?? (or maybe nothing like that)

d: No sign of Fantasy Football Quiz (unless it actually was c: )

I thought Word Up on the Itbox always used the bigger dictionary? I've only been playing it properly for a month but any time I've played on a non-Itbox I haven't a hope in hell of making clearance. (Spent ages making QUANTILES on a Paragon? only for it to be rejected - what sort of dictionary is that?)

It also appeared to me that Word Soup does not inherit the scoreboard from Word Up.... it was an ANGIE pub in Glasgow so was surprised not to see any of his scores on it
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Bloody hell... another quizzer aficionado from Glasgow?
Properpro

Post by Properpro »

Won in 60 Seconds - true and false qualifying round, three choice answers 'for the money'.
Easy early rewards here, but it looks like it could get very difficult very quickly. :|

Money goes in, money comes out.
dm

Post by dm »

Cardinal Richelieu wrote:Bloody hell... another quizzer aficionado from Glasgow?
yeah I spend much time in Glasgow among other places