Foreign machines

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
q-time

Foreign machines

Post by q-time »

Do any other countries apart from the UK have quiz machines that pay out? I'm not talking about those stupid ones with no payout slot.

When I've been abroad I've had to resort to playing on cashpoint keypads and tourist information points to get my fix.

QT
Chronix

Post by Chronix »

Australia do.

http://barry.net.au/
quizard

Post by quizard »

I like the way Hot Dogs is called Dish Lickers in Aus LOL.
Vidmar

Post by Vidmar »

I was in Spain years ago and came across a Trivial Pursuit standalone that was purely football questions. Brilliant, and looking back that probably kick-started my interest in quiz machines.
"Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase"
roberto la vigna

Post by roberto la vigna »

We found a quiz machine during a stag weekend in Vilnius, Lithuania, a few years ago.

A British football quiz machine. $$$ 8)
foxy

Post by foxy »

I asume the last 2 posts are referring to megatouch max style non-payout machines(though i hope not!) one of which can be found in the sports bar in ljubliana hopefully still retaining my hi-score acheived answering questions solely in german!!!
well when ,er, in rome.....
q-time

Post by q-time »

I once held the Trivial Pursuit record at McMahon's in Nice, S. France. Some seven years ago. I bet that machine's gone now. Either that or some French peasants, misunderstanding its purpose, will have pissed on it and fcuked up the wiring.

QT
wigwamsun

Post by wigwamsun »

I'm sure I played one in Italy or was it Switzerland, cant quite remember these days. :(
Well, I wrestled with
reality for years, Doctor.
And I'm happy to state
I finally won out over it.
grecian

Post by grecian »

wigwamsun wrote:I'm sure I played one in Italy or was it Switzerland, cant quite remember these days. :(
I've played a Megatouch game in the services at Bellinzona Nord, Switzerland, before. Never seen a proper quiz machine abroad although will be very excited when I do.
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

While stuck waiting at Lyons airport for a flight home from a skiing trip a couple of years ago, my friend and I got top scores on several different games on a Megatouch and (for shame) entered childishly amusing rude names onto the Top 10 tables - the sort of things that the paying games here are clever enough to prevent.
q-time

Post by q-time »

Not so. Some machines can still be graffitied by the more puerile among us. Whenever I feel that I have been shafted by a game (e.g. in which of these cities was an ice rink opened in 1984? Nottingham, Telford or Derby?) instead of my usual moniker I sign my name as FUQU.

Phonetically, that's exactly how I feel.

QT

PS.

<spoiler>

<spoiler>

<spoiler>

<spoiler>

<spoiler>

<spoiler>

<spoiler>

<spoiler>

The answer is Telford.