monopoly 2007

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
cool

monopoly 2007

Post by cool »

beautifully designed game , a delight to play until you reach the endgame that appears to be random and utter shite! From initial observations avoid and thats not reverse psychology!
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

which terminal?

going from the description "beautifully designed game , a delight to play"

i'm assuming it is not on the itbox
nobody ever wins on those things.
grecian

Post by grecian »

It's on the Fatbox, UP - see my comments on another thread which chime exactly with Cool's.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

this game is a pleasure to play. as of now my tale of the tape reads played ten won zero but i don't care about that (not for the moment anyway) it is probably the most stylish SWP ever. and it is good to see that some money has been invested in the design process.
my question is about the bonus game on waterworks. i have connected up the pipes but haven't twigged what i have to do then. any pointers?
grecian

Post by grecian »

You're such a sucker for fancy graphics, UP. Word reaches me that it is on ItBox edition 52. Not sure re the pipes - I remember it happening automatically but maybe I'm wrong.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

i realise that i am parodying myself in this post but here goes anyway:

will the tibox really be able to cope with the slickness of this game? last time i played monopoly (old version) on the itbox, it took half a second for the scottie dog to turn at every corner. and this version is much more sophisticated. LL have a poor record of making crossover games work on their creaky terminals. cf. PScricket, mousetrap, golden showers etc.
Northern Monkey

Post by Northern Monkey »

Two visits to the end game on two terminals from maybe a total of about 10 games. Prizes- £3.50 and £5.00 (the latter was the offer and I think was equal to the highest value card)
grecian

Post by grecian »

Northern Monkey wrote:Two visits to the end game on two terminals from maybe a total of about 10 games. Prizes- £3.50 and £5.00 (the latter was the offer and I think was equal to the highest value card)
Good work Hornby. Is there any skill in the endgame? I've only played it once and can't remember.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

It is indeed very stylish. But so are Bang & Olufsen tellys, and they never work properly either.

Having said that, I have found it relatively easy to qualify (1 in 2) games, and have received a variety of prizes from £0.50 to £10. Average looks to be around £2.50 so it's certainly going on my 'mustplay' list, even though there is early evidence of unfairness in that endgame.

Er, you just connect the pipes so there's one continuous line. Then it awards you some points. That's it. Were you expecting to see water gushing everywhere? Although you probably were, come to think of it.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

cheeky git. i'm not that daft. i'm sure i connected them all up from start to finish and it timed me out. for the ones shaped like + do you have to connect the loose ends too? that might be where i messed up.
anyway i still like it very much.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

No you don't have to connect any loose ends.

Maybe you were too busy coming in your pants about the lovely refelction on the wheelbarrow that you didn't connect the pipes in time. :)
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

actually i found the faux sheen effect a bit amateurish.
but after your comments i am convinced i must be a deadhead; connecting half a dozen pipes should be easy but i still managed to balls it up. twice. even though my plumbing skills would make super mario weep.

i was capable of doing that old c64 game pipe dream and that was much more complex by the sound of things.
Weyland

Post by Weyland »

unknownpseudonym wrote:actually i found the faux sheen effect a bit amateurish.
Knowing what's in the average Itbox, I doubt there's much scope for vertex or pixel shaders. Sounds like just specular lighting, the implimentation of which is simply a case of "turning on the graphics card's specular lighting". ;)
Chronix

Post by Chronix »

[quote="Weyland"] Sounds like just specular lighting, the implimentation of which is simply a case of "turning on the graphics card's specular lighting". ]

...and setting up material properties, lighting values,calculating vertex normals....

If it was lighting... which it isnt :lol:
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Well, had my first 10 shots on this today - without ever getting near the end game. I was the 1st person to play on it too, judging by the high-score table.

Now I freely admit my general knowledge isn't as good as some of you chaps, but when you start getting asked questions about e-numbers, you know it's not your day.

Even worse than spoilers was my final game where I was in danger of reaching my points target. All of a sudden, I was sent to jail, then assessed for street repairs.

Not quite sure how the pipe game works - sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't.. maybe you're not allowed to let any of the water leak out - as well as making a chain from start to finish.

There is a lot to like about this game - the wee bonus games are something different and it is visually very appealing. I don't really mind the money I lost in it - but I still get the impression it can be as tight as its predecessor.