Deal or No Deal

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
darkprince

Deal or No Deal

Post by darkprince »

Anyone played this game? It's on gamesnet at the mo.
WaterGate

Post by WaterGate »

As you quite rightly say, only seen it on gamesnets at the moment mate. But I'd also have to say NO DEAL for me as I can't stand the programme with Noel 'Tidy Beard' Edmonds! But then again shouldn't let that put me off I guess... :roll: Have you played it then 'DarkPrince'?
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

I played this a few times, mostly because I couldn't believe how bad it was.
The graphics look like a drunk blind monkey drew them, and the programming was done by his brother... :shock:
Especially like the really poor word bubble that is meant to be comming out of Noel's mouth.
thehut

Post by thehut »

Worst TV show ever, watching it makes me seethe with anger. It's such a nothing concept. It's a whole hour of the wanky bit from 'Take Your Pick' and little Noely is no Des O'Connor.

Anyone see the Dick and Dom pisstake one saturday morning...it was hilarious. On topic, haven't played the game and no intention of doing so now that you guys have confirmed it is as poor as the show. Thank you for saving me £1.

Post by Guest »

Brilliant tv show
SWP

Post by SWP »

Bob, you need to get out more
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

vaginalbob wrote:Brilliant tv show
:? it is shite, i once wasted 50 minutes of my life watching a cretin with a tidy beard and stupid biro drawings on his hand telling 22 people to open 22 boxes. what a waste of time.
nobody ever wins on those things.
fotherz

Post by fotherz »

You tit. :roll:
tka

Post by tka »

Sorry Bob I have to agree with the others cos it is shit :lol:
No wonder I drink!

Post by Guest »

Maybe you guys don't like it because there's no life-sappingly pointless trivia interrogation or cos it fails to involve eliminating letters from a grid (who does that?!). :roll:

The thing about the show is that most of the interest comes from following the contestants' interactions over the course of many games. Obviously if you reject the programme after first viewing, you're going to miss this.

The humanisation of the contestants (notice that the banker is dehumanised, being only a disembodied 'voice' (which the viewers don't even get to hear!)) makes it particularly addictive for those who follow afternoon soaps and the like.

Deal or No Deal has met with success for other reasons too. I might go into these later - if you're lucky. :wink:
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Don't want to just be the second one in support, but I find myself getting roped into it when it's on. I won't purposely 'get in' to watch it, but find it quite enjoyable.

Although Noel does talk a load of cobblers about 'strong positions' etc when it's all down to luck! :roll:

A question - not seen this on a machine yet, but how would you play it? It 'must' be fixed, and that's part of the enjoyability (sp?) of the TV game...

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Had a proper game on this for the first time today. Plays quite nicely. It's a 2 stage game where you have to 'deal' with the dealer to reach a points target (typically anywhere between 25000-50000), by opening boxes and answering questions.

If you can qualify (it's not easy- be prepared to answer a lot of questions), you go through to a proper Deal or No Deal Round where you knock out 5 boxes and the Dealer makes you an offer. He offered me £4 so I took it. (Had a lot of the pence left, but I'm not sure what he'd do if I ended up with 10p).

You'll also run into spoilers after about 20 questions. 'Born first' crap etc, usual Royle Family bollocks.

Here's a tip: If the dealer gives you a half decent offer, make the deal, - he usually gives you a try again back as well.

Usual fuckwit question writers though:

Which planet has a satellite called Phobos?
Uranus
Saturn
Jupiter

I think it wants Jupiter but I wasn't paying attention as my hands were punching the screen at the time.

Punters will play this so there should be good money lying around for the quizzers amongst you early doors
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

isn't phobos one of mars's moons?
the naming of moons is not a completely unfair semi-spoiler category because it is not totally arbitrary: all* jupiter's are named after nymphs/humans the god seduced in mythology (inc. ganymede who was a bloke) all* uranus's named after shakespeare characters etc.

anyway i have still not seen this game as there is only one gamesnet machine i know of which is a fossil in a pub where the landlord sometimes won't serve me. but it sounds like a decent concept (given the restraints of Bob's favourite ever television programme) and as QM says mugmoney will go through it simply because it is a familiar concept to people who may not be as cynical about attainability of JPs as we scarred journeymen.
why they wasted money on a license is beyond me, if they'd invented a 22 box hidden money game everyone would have known what it was.

*i realise that minor asteroidal moons may not be classified accordingly
nobody ever wins on those things.
COASTERDESIGNERPRO1

Post by COASTERDESIGNERPRO1 »

I played this the other day, i got onto the cash round after accumilating 32000 points roughly. The first offer was £3, i declined the offer, next offer £2.50, decline.... i got to the end with either 30p or £6. I was offered to swap the box i did and revealed £6!!! Which was great.

This is the most i have ever won on a quiz machine.
Beryl the peril

Post by Beryl the peril »

I have not seen the machine I am sorry folks I am another fan :D