Strange Games Lurking Within ITBoxes

Discuss Quiz Machines here..

Strange Games Lurking Within ITBoxes

Post by Guest »

Was given a look at the contents of a local ITBox hard drive recently (courtesy of a buggered machine) and noticed the following games hidden away with the standard Bullseye, Word Up etc offerings:

nb - some names might have become garbled en route thanks to my rubbish handwriting

Astro Sexology
Bookworm
Buckshot
Celebrity Circles
Connect Up
Countdown
Cube Head
Eyes Down
Follow Me
Four Letter Words
Freak Beat
Free Kick King
Front
Fruitful
Headlines
Jig
Memorise
Nuvo
Off Yer Face
Paired Up
Pharoah's Tears
Pubworm
Quarter Mile Race
Rugby Kick
SantaBowl
Spelvin
Subbuteo (?!)
Sun Moon
Tower Blokz
Wordsearch
Zip Shot

Some of them I remember being on machines in the past. Some might just be alternative names used for the games folders. Some, however, might be offerings which are about to be made live in the near future.

Any ideas, people?
Weyland

Post by Weyland »

Well, it looks like they don't delete retired games off Itboxes for a start... ;)

Also, I would hazard a guess that when the big "switch menus" moment comes every few months, the games must already be on there, because there's no way their network would be likely to cope with sending out new games, menus and the data they require to every single Itbox on the same night. They probably update them one at a time over the few months preceeding each switch, then just change the main menu when launch day comes.
Istenem

Re: Strange Games Lurking Within ITBoxes

Post by Istenem »

vaginalbob wrote:

Bookworm
Buckshot
Countdown
Eyes Down
Four Letter Words
Free Kick King
Headlines
Off Yer Face
Paired Up
Pubworm
Quarter Mile Race
Rugby Kick
SantaBowl
Spelvin
Subbuteo
Zip Shot
Those are the ones i remember.
are they resurrecting spelvin? that would be interesting
nobody ever wins on those things.
SWP

Post by SWP »

Is this the result of shoddy de-installs, leaving behind just the subdirectories?

What exactly did you see VJ?

Post by Guest »

step7 wrote: What exactly did you see VB?
Basically I saw a small window with a Windows Explorer-type view of the folders (and sub-folders) on the C drive of the machine. All the game names I've noted down here were names of folders (not sub-folders ie. on the 'first level') on the C drive.

I wasn't privy to file names, only folder names, so I couldn't tell whether there was data present in currently running games or missing in games long gone eg. Spelvin.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Isn't this just a list of games that have at some point been on an itbox?

It did give me a bank holiday smile though. The Astrosexology was hilarious - you paid 50p and some Madame Zelda type in a dishcloth scarf and two jammie dodgers for earrings told you that you'd get lucky today with the opposite sex.

It was Blackpool's game of the year two tears running. Ha ha.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday

Post by Guest »

QuizMaster wrote:Isn't this just a list of games that have at some point been on an itbox?
Maybe I'm just showing my youth. :D
Nokring

Post by Nokring »

old games are not removed unless the Itbox is also EMU unit (plays background music)