Top Secret

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
QuizMaster

Top Secret

Post by QuizMaster »

Soz - this isn't some brilliant tip for winning, just a new game I saw yesterday called 'Top Secret'.

Looks (and plays) like a shit version of The Matrix - anybody else seen it?
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
tka

Post by tka »

Yep, I saw it, played one game and went back to proper games.
No wonder I drink!
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

Yes - it's nicely designed and good to look at but seems to be hopeless in terms of actually winning anything. Now where have I heard that before...?

You have reminded me however of a lost classic, which was also based around spying etc. It turned up a few years ago on the Gamesnets, around the same time as Family Fortunes and Fruitmatch(?). To win you had to get through a maze-like building and then solve a four-digit combination in six guesses in a very similar way to that old Mastermind game every kid got for Christmas in the 70s i.e. you got one colour for a correct number in the wrong position and another for the correct number in the correct position.

You soon realised that all you had to do was select 1111, 2222, 3333, ... as your guesses so that by the final guess you could guarantee getting the combination and hence the £20. However the little beauty disappeared from sight almost as soon as it had appeared. Any idea which one I'm talking about? (memory like a sieve in my old age!).

:wink:
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

I remember it - it was called MI:Spy and had a bloke jumping out of a window at the start I think.

It was highly lucrative for its short existence. The code thing was hilarious.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday