word up gossip

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
angie

Post by angie »

While I may have shown some mastery of WU today, you'll notice my mastery of using the 'Quote' facility on this forum still leaves much to be desired
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

i got a QUIZZICALLY in chelsea as well as two PIZZAZZes all in virgin pubs so i concentrated on taking the money and running (for shame) but i did lay down some new 13s anyway the tale of the tape is winging its way to Ernest..
nobody ever wins on those things.
tka

Post by tka »

Me and Potts got 1968 today at the Running Footman near The Ritz. That beats my record by 12 :) :) :)
No wonder I drink!
Ernest W. Quality

Post by Ernest W. Quality »

Quality. Added to scoreboard.
tka

Post by tka »

Cheers Ernest. I'll get 2000 one day when the wife lets me out ;)
No wonder I drink!
Ernest W. Quality

Clearly carried by Potts.
jonesey

Post by jonesey »

1631 non-clearance at the Vanguard in Fareham yesterday from an admittedly very generous board. Just a 'Y' away from turning QUIZZICAL into QUIZZICALLY which I suspect would have put it close to the highest non-clearance. Ifs and ans, pots and pans and so forth.
angie

Post by angie »

Wow, WU battle is well and truly joined by jonesy! And with TKA/Potts back in high-scoring action as well I'm a bit sad to report that my best and indeed only high score output from an 8-game burst at Bar Radio was another ZILLIONAIRE. The real purpose of the exercise, however, was to show off that QUIX- word to all and sundry, and on that front at least it was mission accomplished.
tka

Post by tka »

Ernest W. Quality wrote:Clearly carried by Potts.
Bollocks to that! I got 1459 on my own and Potts got ARE at the end for 9.
No wonder I drink!
Ernest W. Quality

Exactly. He clearly timed his run to meet the cross and claim the glory, while your lung-busting work in running 60 yards, skinning the full back, and putting in an inch-perfect cross, will be largely ignored. :wink:
jonesey

Post by jonesey »

In a fit of consumerist guilt, got ACQUISITIONS, EXPENSIVELY and CONFESSIONAL in short order tonight (as well as a couple of mundane QUIZ* strings). No decent game scores though.
angie

Post by angie »

EWQ, for the first time ever I feel the need to raise a concern about the high scores website - I notice that the most recent (2/11?) update has failed to include Jonesey's QUIZZICAL in Vanguard, or my ZILLIONAIRE in Radio, both of which are mentioned on the previous page of this thread.

Also, I guess for completeness of the website, it'd help if Jonesey could reveal whether any of the 'mundane QUIZ- strings' were 300+? Although I think DJs recalcitrance to post scores has long since spoiled the chance of genuine completeness.
Ernest W. Quality

Pedant. I tend to only add scores straight away when they are sent directly to me. Otherwise they go on a 'to do' pile, particularly when they are the usual suspect words.

People can enforce their own limits, my 300pt limit was arbitrary. I'm sure most of us haven't always bothered to report every one of the lower calibre words. D/J haven't reported anything for a time, though I'm sure if they broke any records they'd say so.

If it's completeness you want, you are welcome to take a tour round every pub in the UK with a big notebook :P
jonesey

Post by jonesey »

I haven't pm'd the words I mentioned to Ernest yet - will do so now.

by the by

Post by Guest »

CRAIG and I took part in a simultaneous exhibition game by the UK Scrabble champ today. Final score:

UK no.1: 294

VB posse: 587 8)