Will this finally be the death knell?

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Nil Satis

Will this finally be the death knell?

Post by Nil Satis »

Unless the companies are prepared to put in the investment required to update all their old machines, will this be the point when we can finally bring down the curtain on our little world?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37820622
cool

Post by cool »

Thanks for that nugget of information. It won't make a scrap of difference in my opinion but then my opinion is often contrary to virtually everyone else.
Topical2009

Post by Topical2009 »

Interesting. Possible to foresee quiz machines which take 50p pieces and nothing else. Though would anyone notice the difference?
muddle

Post by muddle »

This had already occurred to me.Surely pubs wouldn't stand for machines that don't take the new pound coin.It is possible that the companies aren't prepared to spend whatever it would take to update the coin mechs (I have no idea how much that would involve) but cool's experience of having the note changer updated is a little more encouraging.Can I ask which type of machine that was,cool?
cool

Post by cool »

Not at all. It was a games warehouse machine. Will get back there in a few days to see if it's happened or not. The supplier was not the company previously known as Sceptre unsurprisingly as far as I remember!
topcat

Post by topcat »

i was in a pub yesterday near chancery lane and the quiz machine said HAVE A FREE GO. So I took the "freeby" game and would of theoritically won £10. some crap game a bit like blockbusters crossed with hangman ish. anyways on the free1 i must have "fluked" the 10bar.
REAL MONEY time. questions got harder by a degree that even Mark 50stone Labbett would have been phoning the fat vixen from bolton. shocking
Never again.
the fruit gave the cashpot from the deal after costing 33 quid for a board AWP!! my azz!!!

you are the kid!!
Northern Monkey

Post by Northern Monkey »

Which pub Topcat?
JG

Post by JG »

Come on, hurry up Topcat, which pub?
JG
Stubble

Post by Stubble »

Lol

Love Topcat ;-)
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

muddle wrote:This had already occurred to me.Surely pubs wouldn't stand for machines that don't take the new pound coin.It is possible that the companies aren't prepared to spend whatever it would take to update the coin mechs (I have no idea how much that would involve) but cool's experience of having the note changer updated is a little more encouraging.Can I ask which type of machine that was,cool?
it's fairly inexpensive to update for the new coin.

hoppers don't need any work at all
cashflow/ sr5i mechs can be reprogrammed for £20-£30
also you can update the sr5 yourself using teach and run feature

i wouldn't be surprised if the big players have 1 ready mechs on site now..