Eggys going now

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
paragoon

Eggys going now

Post by paragoon »

Not really a surprise. Most I can win on these is the Pointless (usually about £2.10 jp) and then maybe £3 on the Pop Quiz. God knows Joe Public will be giving them a wide berth, finding them to be unplayable and an unpleasant experience of feeling ripped off. Obviously the pubs are finding out they're just not worth it as they open them up and find no cash in them. Interesting how I see a lot of them turned off or not accepting coins which was a rarity in the days of Paragons.
muddle

Post by muddle »

paragoon wrote:Not really a surprise. Most I can win on these is the Pointless (usually about £2.10 jp) and then maybe £3 on the Pop Quiz. God knows Joe Public will be giving them a wide berth, finding them to be unplayable and an unpleasant experience of feeling ripped off. Obviously the pubs are finding out they're just not worth it as they open them up and find no cash in them. Interesting how I see a lot of them turned off or not accepting coins which was a rarity in the days of Paragons.
We've all discussed ad nauseum on here why the quiz machine world is declining,but as you highlight here,a significant part of it is the frequent difficulty/impossibility of actually getting money in the machine in the first place,and also the annoying habit (particularly on the eggs) of them crashing,and the screen going black when you try to return to the main menu.There's a pub near me where on the last 3 visits,it hasn't been accepting coins or notes.I think I can confidently predict what's going to happen to that machine soon.
I understand all things come to an end,but I wish that before the games companies and pubs decide that the quiz machine has no future,they'd at least have a go at having a product that worked reliably.They might take more money than they think - this is only my own anecdotal evidence,but I've found people playing the machines quite a lot recently.
fatbloke

Post by fatbloke »

Put your dictionarys back in your satchels you lot killed your own scene.
Most Paragons end up in librarys checking books art

nobers
muddle

Post by muddle »

fatbloke wrote:Put your dictionarys back in your satchels you lot killed your own scene.
Most Paragons end up in librarys checking books art

nobers
No,I don't agree that professional players have been particularly signficant in the decline of quiz machines - there aren't that many players after all.However,if the scene turns out to have been killed as you suggest,then I will gladly send you my dictionary.
fatbloke

Post by fatbloke »

its ok I'm feeling generous for the newcomers

http://www.paulsquiz.com/free-quiz-ques ... ry-quizzes
SoccerHQ

Post by SoccerHQ »

Quite interesting....I've always found the gamesnets pretty reliable for collecting big 20 quid + wins.

On the other hand I get nervous whenever I win over a tenner on PMP on the Paragon, I think they're far worse for crashing on payout or generally not accepting coin.

That said one of the few pubs left that still has I think issue 32 (green screen and Footy Quiz on the menu if anything knows of any other far flung machine destination in the u.k as they're pretty much extinct!) hasn't accept any money on my last 3 visits and the screen is a bit dodgy but I'm saying nothing as a) it's right on my doorstep and b) it may get fixed before 2020 so at least one venue to play from time to time in semi retirement!
fatbloke

Post by fatbloke »

burnt toast
ChesterJester

Post by ChesterJester »

Do you no where any paragons are