Quiz Machine Question Database

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
mouswald_Rox@hotmail.com

Quiz Machine Question Database

Post by mouswald_Rox@hotmail.com »

Hi All,

I noticed that certain quiz machines load there games over windows. Where would one be able to access the list of questions within the game? would these be held in a text file on the hard disk or a database maybe? if so is it encrypted, or are all the questions hard coded in the program maybe? I am thinking of getting a paragon quiz machine to try and access these files, but don't want to if there is absolutely no point on trying!?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated :)

J
fatbloke

Post by fatbloke »

Good luck!!!!
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

Try James Bond? He's a trained spy so should be able to get the secret files you're looking to access.
quizard

Post by quizard »

I would guess that Paragon's are encrypted. It's a bit late in the day if you have ideas of making money out of it anyway.
Give Us A Break 30th Anniversary
JG

Post by JG »

It's an approach that would have had some success in 1986, but thirty (Yikes! Jeepers! Wowsers!) yes thirty years have passed since then and from being swarthy, muscular and irresistible to all but the blindest of women, we are now fat, bald grey and mostly dead.
As Ali Campbell once sang, many rivers to cross and those rivers feature hazards such as encryption, autonomic spoilers, low floats, mental insolipotissinitude and high levels of competition.
In probably the nicest post he has ever done on here, I must echo fatbloke and say 'good luck, until we meet again'

Neigh.
JG
JG

Post by JG »

It's an approach that would have had some success in 1986, but thirty (Yikes! Jeepers! Wowsers!) yes thirty years have passed since then and from being swarthy, muscular and irresistible to all but the blindest of women, we are now fat, bald grey and mostly dead.
As Ali Campbell once sang, many rivers to cross and those rivers feature hazards such as encryption, autonomic spoilers, low floats, mental insolipotissinitude and high levels of competition.
In probably the nicest post he has ever done on here, I must echo fatbloke and say 'good luck, until we meet again'

Neigh.
JG
JG

Post by JG »

You may have noticed that I'm writing half as many words, as my postings are coming out twice.

Please bear with me in this period of postal instability.
JG
JG

Post by JG »

You may have noticed that I'm writing half as many words, as my postings are coming out twice.

Please bear with me in this period of postal instability.
JG
HornyNick

Post by HornyNick »

JG. tbh most of your posts are, to me, bullshit. but this time i wet myself. well done sir.
Sex is not the answer.
Sex is the question.
"Yes" is the answer!
JG

Post by JG »

its a pleasure to have such a potent diuretic effect. I've been working on cutting out the bullshit for some time now, but it just comes so naturally to me.
JG
fatbloke

Post by fatbloke »

butts road
Stubble

Post by Stubble »

When you compile a binary file, especially a simple game such as most of the ones on the Paragon lineup, you include all the necessary sources and libraries and are left with an executable with no readable information. Before you waste your time buying a Paragon, have a look on Fruit-Emu and try and pull text out of any of the files there. Not impossible, but hardly worth the effort.
mouswald_Rox@hotmail.com

Post by mouswald_Rox@hotmail.com »

Stubble wrote:When you compile a binary file, especially a simple game such as most of the ones on the Paragon lineup, you include all the necessary sources and libraries and are left with an executable with no readable information. Before you waste your time buying a Paragon, have a look on Fruit-Emu and try and pull text out of any of the files there. Not impossible, but hardly worth the effort.

Thanks, with the exe, is it still not likely that questions and answers will be on a separate file that the complied source will read or would this file also be built into the exe. could you decompile the exe to get it?