Entnet

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
cool

Entnet

Post by cool »

Im surprised nobody has commented on the woeful conversions of Games Warehouse units into Entnets. Presumably the Ent stands for entertainment which it totally lacks. A number of digital AWP games together with Pints Make Prizes , a clone of the Pub Landlord , a clone of Strike It Rich and one other hardly makes one go on a day out to find these machines.
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

When I saw the title of your post, I thought you were referring to an oddity that I have only seen in one location, but relatively recently - it was called "Enttec" (or something like that) and had an odd little collection of old games from (by memory) about 6-7 years ago - the earlier version of Every Loser Wins being the one that I can remember (i.e. not the update that was still appearing on quite recent Gamesnet versions).

As for the Entnets, I haven't seen one of those yet, but based on your description I can't wait!

The Paragons that do remain are more than ever in a poor state due to lack of maintenance and their inherent design flaws - I'd say at least 70% of the ones I see/play now have some form of issue, whether it be not working at all, freezing or otherwise erroring during games, the recurring Hopper Error or failing to pay out the full amount. For some pubs it must just not be worth the effort to keep them maintained, and it's never much of a surprise, on returning to a pub where I have previously had one of these issues, to find a blank space where the machine used to stand, as has happened to me four times in the last week alone.
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

Actually, looking at this it probably is the same people:

http://www.thequizmachinecompany.co.uk/ ... hines.html

although the one I saw wasn't in a Paragon cabinet and the games selection was somewhat different - it definitely had Every Loser Wins on it.
cool

Post by cool »

Yes that's it! Cheap looking, why do they bother?
As has been said ad infinitum about game developers produce low numbers of high quality product not endless shat that a schoolboy could develop. Combining quiz and skill will work and even a stand alone if it's good, more play more wins and greater profit for the pro & pub alike. Has anybody ever met a games developer in person, what are they on. I'm happy to meet one in person and give them the benefit of my 30yrs playing experience. Do the developers have any experience of playing their product? How most of it ever reaches a terminal is beyond me. I have contacted Gamestec in the past who I have most respect for and got a positive response but it didn't lead to anything. Feel better now for the rant!