Robin Hood

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
cool

Robin Hood

Post by cool »

Wondered if anybody seen the bonus greater than a £1? I've never got it so odd it has never appeared any greater. As regards to the game itself I do find it tedious although I reckon it's learnable but I don't enjoy playing it particularly. Cleverly structured (and that's not a criticism) to stitch up near or just after the £1 mark.
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

I've also never won it or seen it at anything other than £1. The appearance of this game on the Paragons is something of a mystery - why choose that one out of all the available and equally tedious existing games? Maybe GWHL intended to tweak it but weren't able to or chose not to - in their release notes it says "find some arrows for the big Archery Competition" and "rack up enough points for the archery end game", which to me would imply some additional skill-based game at the end where you actually won the money.

Here's another question about the new release - has anyone seen anybody playing the new Birdz game yet? I haven't, and my question would be why would you pay 50p a go to play a game like that when you can play something similar for free on any smartphone or tablet? It's not like the average punter is going to be enticed by the small chance of winning a quid or two.
SoccerHQ

Post by SoccerHQ »

I played the Birdz game just last week actually as I like playing Bejewelled on the I quest and it's the closest game on the Paragon.

Too much effort to win even a quid though and tbh aswell killing animals dosen't sit well with me so don't think it's the most family friendly game!
JQW

Post by JQW »

I've played Robin Hood many times, but have never seen a bonus above £1, and have only managed to actually win in just the once. I have won £5 on the normal game on several occasions, though.
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

Do the people who make these games give them a test runout first? Surely they can see how tedious and boring they are?
The feeling they should be aiming for at the end of a game is pleasure and desire to try again, not anger at having wasted ten minutes of your life.
Northern Monkey

Post by Northern Monkey »

Nil Satis wrote:I've also never won it or seen it at anything other than £1. The appearance of this game on the Paragons is something of a mystery - why choose that one out of all the available and equally tedious existing games? Maybe GWHL intended to tweak it but weren't able to or chose not to - in their release notes it says "find some arrows for the big Archery Competition" and "rack up enough points for the archery end game", which to me would imply some additional skill-based game at the end where you actually won the money.

Here's another question about the new release - has anyone seen anybody playing the new Birdz game yet? I haven't, and my question would be why would you pay 50p a go to play a game like that when you can play something similar for free on any smartphone or tablet? It's not like the average punter is going to be enticed by the small chance of winning a quid or two.
To my eternal shame, I must have run a tenner through the Birdz game yesterday. One of those occasions where you keep going because you think surely there is more to it than this? I am not sure there is much discernible strategy to it and worse still the prizes did not seem to be progressive - despite having a tenner run through it the prize was at a level higher than when I started.
SoccerHQ

Post by SoccerHQ »

Any of you played Bejewelled on the I Quest as it's pretty much the same format....e.g win a quid after about the 10th go, even 2 quid is a fantasy idea.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

paragoon wrote:Do the people who make these games give them a test runout first? Surely they can see how tedious and boring they are?
The feeling they should be aiming for at the end of a game is pleasure and desire to try again, not anger at having wasted ten minutes of your life.

this is exactly the point. SWP lacks any creative spark and has done for many years. when e.g. caveman capers was on the units, there was a reason to enjoy it as a game to be played. now the 'games' feel more like a sterile exam to be endured.

the cash games at royalgames.com do have a certain addictive quality and it is largely down to attention to detail and having some creative input into the gameplay rather than just dry programmers. these are the same people behind candy crush etc. which has made an awful lot of money and doesn't even offer a prize (at least in the app format; on the website you can play for money.)

SWP output ATM is ugly, the questions are boring and the gameplay is sluggish. so, nostalgia aside, there is very little incentive to put in a fifty pee.
nobody ever wins on those things.
messiah

Post by messiah »

There is always the enjoyment of spending 50p and a minute setting up "Squillionaires" just to find that it isn't in the dictionary.
Northern Monkey

Northern Monkey wrote:To my eternal shame, I must have run a tenner through the Birdz game yesterday. One of those occasions where you keep going because you think surely there is more to it than this? I am not sure there is much discernible strategy to it and worse still the prizes did not seem to be progressive - despite having a tenner run through it the prize was at a level higher than when I started.
Managed to hit the £5 JP today - 218,000 ish. Still not really got a strategy. Get £1s much more frequently and reckon Im pretty much the only person that plays it so its probably paying out to 30% now. Spoiler tactics seem to be that when your teed up following a 5 the machine makes sure that no birdz of the right colour are anywhere near the 'lightning' one if that makes sense
Northern Monkey

Northern Monkey wrote:To my eternal shame, I must have run a tenner through the Birdz game yesterday. One of those occasions where you keep going because you think surely there is more to it than this? I am not sure there is much discernible strategy to it and worse still the prizes did not seem to be progressive - despite having a tenner run through it the prize was at a level higher than when I started.
Managed to hit the £5 JP today - 218,000 ish. Still not really got a strategy. Get £1s much more frequently and reckon Im pretty much the only person that plays it so its probably paying out to 30% now. Spoiler tactics seem to be that when your teed up following a 5 the machine makes sure that no birdz of the right colour are anywhere near the 'lightning' one if that makes sense