Couple of changes to paragon line-up

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
muddle

Couple of changes to paragon line-up

Post by muddle »

I came across a couple of Paragons today that had two additions:One was a new skill game called Birds (or possibly Birdz),something to do with quickly finding the same sort of bird in a line.Didn't bother playing it,that sort of thing isn't really my cup of tea.The other was that Robin Hood game - is that really that popular?! Anybody on here like it? It is quite curious which games seem to be present on all main terminals.
SoccerHQ

Post by SoccerHQ »

I first saw Robin Hood on the Kudos, must be running out of ideas if that's getting bumped onto other formats....

Still no refreshed MOTD game then....
muddle

Post by muddle »

No,still no reskin of MOTD.Didn't they say that was to be ready for the key autumn period? Better get their skates on,there's only a few days left of autumn!
SoccerHQ

Post by SoccerHQ »

Ha Muddle I know you've been indoors a fair bit lately but it's the last days of Summer down here! ;)
wires74

Post by wires74 »

Any games been removed ?
muddle

Post by muddle »

No,don't think so,Wires.
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

They did indeed refer to the autumn: "The first of these substantial updates will be available before the end of July, with a further release on the Road Map for the key autumn period" but as the latest news story (as of today) is still the one dated June 2015:

http://gwhl.co.uk/index.php?Company=New ... t=June2015

it's safe to assume that whatever was being planned is either still in the development stage or they are about to announce it. However 6 months seems a long time to go without having anything worth putting on a 'News' page.
muddle

Post by muddle »

Nil Satis wrote:They did indeed refer to the autumn: "The first of these substantial updates will be available before the end of July, with a further release on the Road Map for the key autumn period" but as the latest news story (as of today) is still the one dated June 2015:

http://gwhl.co.uk/index.php?Company=New ... t=June2015

it's safe to assume that whatever was being planned is either still in the development stage or they are about to announce it. However 6 months seems a long time to go without having anything worth putting on a 'News' page.
You're probably right with your 'either/or',Nil,things can take longer to develop than envisaged and maybe it'll be announced for the key winter/spring period.However,there is a third possibility,as you may be hinting at in your last sentence,that it's not going to happen at all!
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

My guess is that *something* will be released but, based on the yawning gap between the hype in that June 2015 story and what was actually delivered, I won't be holding my breath that it will be worth waiting for. Still, it is (nearly) Christmas and magical surprises do allegedly happen at Christmas so who knows...?
SoccerHQ

Post by SoccerHQ »

I presume Birdz is Angry Birds, amusing it gets it's own page.

To me this was the last update until the Spring so yes looks like the update MOTD game (Which tbh will probably be another minor tweak to the keepy uppy bonus game if last time was anything to go by) will be quietly forgotten.
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

SoccerHQ wrote:I presume Birdz is Angry Birds, amusing it gets it's own page.

To me this was the last update until the Spring so yes looks like the update MOTD game (Which tbh will probably be another minor tweak to the keepy uppy bonus game if last time was anything to go by) will be quietly forgotten.
I like that Birdz game for fun. It's the sort of thing people would enjoy playing. But of course the prizes are shit. After ten goes I managed to 'win' £1. Surely it'd be impossible to win the three pound or any more than that? So badly designed - lower targets could have lured more people in. Plus you have to concentrate so deeply to even achieve that any noise around you in the pub becomes massively distracting. I felt like telling the bar staff to shut up lol.
cool

Post by cool »

I noticed that Birdz is not the only game that has been shown on a page by itself, Wordsoup is as well. I normally want to take the games developers / supply companies outside and knee them in the nuts. The idea of a front page with one game on it is a particularly good one especially when pushing a brand new game or classic one. I imagine a lot of people don't know half the games that are there and can't be arsed to scroll through the games to find something to play. The one page will attract punters in I'm sure.
SoccerHQ

Post by SoccerHQ »

Was in Redditch today, popped in both Spoons and noticed a cosmetic change aswell on the Paragons as they both had branding of images of Birdz above the coin slot so looks like there's been a bit of rebranding to freshen up the machines and further promote the game.
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

This seems to confirm that the Birdz game and the Robin Hood game are indeed the sum total of SWP additions in the major new Autumn release that we were promised:

http://gwhl.co.uk/Docs/v10-Release.pdf

i.e. no mention of the Match of the Day update and nothing else of any interest. Maybe NEXT Christmas will be the one full of magical surprises, although it seems much more likely to me that by then I will have several small to medium-sized towns on my list without a single quiz machine left. This release hardly seems likely to reverse that general trend, does it?
wires74

Post by wires74 »

Looks like colour of money has been removed off the latest version bad news for our brighton friend