Quiz apps v quiz machines

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
muddle

Quiz apps v quiz machines

Post by muddle »

I wasn't quite sure which thread to put this in as it might be relevant to a couple,so I started a new one.I saw yesterday,while watching The Chase in the gym,that there's an app out to play The Chase.I remember Nil Satis making the point somewhere that why would people pay to play the quizzy when they could simply play an app for free.Worringly,it's a good point well made.But hopefully there is another side of the coin:I was watching a friend play some word game on her phone in the pub the other day and it's not as good or as sociable playing on a tiny screen.Also,there is a possibility to win money on the quizzy for the casual player (well there used to be).I've said this before,but perhaps try and have bigger jackpots? And maybe start making games a quid a go.The Chase is still a popular quiz show - perhaps a better programmed version of it could be brought back.
And while I'm talking about old or established titles,maybe that new machine,the G-Box,could do with an established title that people are familiar with when it's properly launched (if it's going to be) - something like Bullseye,Pointless or Pub Quiz.
mendez

Post by mendez »

Something I'd like would be if the game would tell you what the correct answer was when you got one wrong, as Qi used to do on the special questions. That way I could convince myself that playing was in some way an educational activity as I was learning what something was, not just what it wasn't.