indego quiz machine problem

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
duomat

indego quiz machine problem

Post by duomat »

I have a quiz machine with a nv9 note acceptor.The machine works fine but the note acceptor does not.It lites up and motor runs when machine is turned on.But then bezel light goes out justbefore machine boots.So is it the note accceptor or is it lack of coins in hopper.Ive tried wiring the hopper level contacts together but still not work.
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

I suspect you might get more response if you post this in the 'Technical Area' forum instead, particularly as this sounds like a generic electrical/mechanical issue, rather than something specific to quiz machines.
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

does it have a note stacker?

what machine is it?
duomat

Post by duomat »

yes it does have a note stacker.all i know its an indego machine,blue plastic case with a silver sort of oval that goes round the screen.the note acceptor is in the payout tray area
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

most common problem with this note acceptor configuration is the stacker impeding the pusher that pushes the notes into the stacker.

on setup you should be able to see pusher extending down, (i'm using colorful language here as i don't know the technical name for parts i'm describing lol)
it should push down a plate that runs down the centre of the stacker. note acceptor should push down the plate, the the spring under the plate should push the plate back up as the pusher retracts.

if the stacker is slightly out, this will not happen and the note acceptor goes into fault mode. you can confirm this by looking at the run led.
it will change from green to flashing red.

they tend to put these stackers in the most inacessable of place.

have spent many a frustrating hour usually ending in bleeding fingers sorting these monstrosities out lol
duomat

Post by duomat »

hi buzzer,ive checked what you said and its pushing stacker ok,everything is free and not sticking.cant see led as its facing backward so i will look with a mirror.the hopper is not even half full and the software counts this,if a tenner is put in and 4 credits used you can collect the balance of 8 quid.may that be why,not enough coins to give change.the nv9 lights red on bezel but goes out just before screen comes on
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

could u not run a load of coins into the machine, so the machine thinks the hopper is full?

any chance of some photo's of the machine?
duomat

Post by duomat »

yes i will add pics monday as im not at work.thanks buzzer for your input
duomat

Post by duomat »

playing machine today i used refill key and added another £30.The red bezel light came on so i tried it with a fiver.And yipee,it works.so the software does count coins as i won £3 and bezel light went out.Put it back in and it comes on again.soneeds a few more quid.I did check the leds earlier and saw a green flashing one,which means all is ok,so it just needs enough coins.