Great new glitch

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
paragoon

Great new glitch

Post by paragoon »

there's a machine near me which has just appeared in the last month or so. Most times I've checked it out it's had "No Signal" box bobbing around the screen but last Tuesday I found it with the menu up and apparently working.
So I start off on Pointless (£2.60) and after a couple of goes I get to the endgame and pick a couple of answers that are definitely correct winners. 100....90...80...70...machine switches itself off and "No Signal" appears.
I politely mention it to the bar staff. They're friendly enough but suggest turning it on and off again. We do this and it boots up ok.
So I decide to have another go for the heck of it. Get to the endgame.
This time I pick an answer first that I know will reach 2 and put the correct, pointless answer second.
First answer goes down to 2 - so far so good - second (correct, pointless) answer: 100....90...80...70...machine switches itself off and "No Signal" appears again.

This must be programmed to stop anyone winning. It's stupid really. Why not be happy with the JPs going down to 50p ffs?
I told the barstaff not to worry about it and that I'd ring the company myself and complain but I really can't be arsed. It's beyond me what's going on these days.
fisting hard

Post by fisting hard »

quiz machines are history. shit prizes,if any at all.
cool

Post by cool »

Well I still like to keep my hand in.
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

lol
Going skint....
muddle

Post by muddle »

paragoon wrote:there's a machine near me which has just appeared in the last month or so. Most times I've checked it out it's had "No Signal" box bobbing around the screen but last Tuesday I found it with the menu up and apparently working.
So I start off on Pointless (£2.60) and after a couple of goes I get to the endgame and pick a couple of answers that are definitely correct winners. 100....90...80...70...machine switches itself off and "No Signal" appears.
I politely mention it to the bar staff. They're friendly enough but suggest turning it on and off again. We do this and it boots up ok.
So I decide to have another go for the heck of it. Get to the endgame.
This time I pick an answer first that I know will reach 2 and put the correct, pointless answer second.
First answer goes down to 2 - so far so good - second (correct, pointless) answer: 100....90...80...70...machine switches itself off and "No Signal" appears again.

This must be programmed to stop anyone winning. It's stupid really. Why not be happy with the JPs going down to 50p ffs?
I told the barstaff not to worry about it and that I'd ring the company myself and complain but I really can't be arsed. It's beyond me what's going on these days.
Can I ask which type of machine that it is? (i.e. Paragon,Gamesnet,Iquest etc.) I will keep an eye out and see if I find any others where that happens.I suspect it's just a fault with that machine rather than a general strategy though.I remember complaining a while back on here about the situation that occasionally occurs when you have no right answers to pick.I suspected foul play but Nil Satis pointed out (no doubt quite correctly) that that was more likely down to poor programming rather than anything malicious.At least it's a new machine for you anyway (provided the pub doesn't get rid of it!)
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

muddle wrote:Can I ask which type of machine that it is? (i.e. Paragon,Gamesnet,Iquest etc.) I will keep an eye out and see if I find any others where that happens.I suspect it's just a fault with that machine rather than a general strategy though.I remember complaining a while back on here about the situation that occasionally occurs when you have no right answers to pick.I suspected foul play but Nil Satis pointed out (no doubt quite correctly) that that was more likely down to poor programming rather than anything malicious.At least it's a new machine for you anyway (provided the pub doesn't get rid of it!)
Paragon.
JQW

Post by JQW »

I had an iQuest reboot on me last night during a game of The Colour Of Money. I suspect it was simply a power issue.
SoccerHQ

Post by SoccerHQ »

JQW wrote:I had an iQuest reboot on me last night during a game of The Colour Of Money. I suspect it was simply a power issue.
I quests are very reliable in my experience....either when paying out decent sums or in general play.

Paragons are on their last legs judging by how many are getting replaced, would be surprised if there's loads floating about in two years.
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

I had a classic 2015-style machine day today - visiting a smallish town that had 7 machines on my last visit roughly a year ago:

(1) Gamesnet - switched off
(2) Gamesnet - pub closed
(3) Paragon - machine faulty (small error message bouncing around the screen)
(4) Paragon - machine gone
(5) KUDOS - machine faulty (accepting coins but screen not functioning)
(6) Paragon - machine working YAY!
(7) Paragon - machine gone

It's actually quite sad to witness this, for those of us who have played regularly at whatever level down the years.
muddle

Post by muddle »

Nil Satis wrote:I had a classic 2015-style machine day today - visiting a smallish town that had 7 machines on my last visit roughly a year ago:

(1) Gamesnet - switched off
(2) Gamesnet - pub closed
(3) Paragon - machine faulty (small error message bouncing around the screen)
(4) Paragon - machine gone
(5) KUDOS - machine faulty (accepting coins but screen not functioning)
(6) Paragon - machine working YAY!
(7) Paragon - machine gone

It's actually quite sad to witness this, for those of us who have played regularly at whatever level down the years.
Where is this,Nil? This appears to be a small town that still has 4 quiz machines,we all want to go.Being less flippant,yes it is sad.All my adult life,the quiz machine has been a pub staple,and as you say,for hardened pro through to keen amateur,it's so disappointing to see quiz machines gently slide into oblivion.I still think it's possible that the corner can be turned,but as more and more machines disappear (or cease to function properly),that gets less and less likely.
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

Main vibe up here is Paragons changing into Gamesnets or just going altogether
SoccerHQ

Post by SoccerHQ »

Well that's been my view for quite a while so no surprise for me, Paragons are just too unreliable for a variety of reasons nowadays.

No tears shed as long as PMP finds a new home on one of the other sets, would make my life a bit easier if they went back on to the Gamesnet.
muddle

Post by muddle »

Yes,I've been noticing recently that a few pubs have replaced their Paragon with a Gamesnet too,which I'm quite happy to see.I discovered a Paragon with a glitch today - twice when getting close to winning on Beat the landlord,it crashed and went to 'No signal'.I'm not putting this down to anything malicious,just that the machine doesn't work properly.