Issue 34

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
muddle

Issue 34

Post by muddle »

To echo what I said about issue 33,it exists so that in itself is something positive.The new pub quiz and Hangman Saloon are on it.I was moaning previously that Pub Quiz had been relaunched without any sort of fanfare,but they do say that it has new 2015 questions.As they do on other games,namely Raiders of the Lost Quiz,that Robin Hood game and I think there's another one too but I can't remember which one.Pixel This has gone already which I'm quite disappointed to see.It's a good game in my opinion,if it's not proving that popular then I would blame that on having cash pots of 0.50 rather than a problem with the game itself.
ob

Post by ob »

even with my rubbish word game skill, I could do pixel this quite easily!
wires74

Post by wires74 »

Any other games removed ?
muddle

Post by muddle »

ob wrote:even with my rubbish word game skill, I could do pixel this quite easily!
Yes,when I said there wasn't a problem with the game,I was speaking more of its playability than its difficulty.They would have been better off,in my opinion,in making it harder to win on,and having a bigger jackpot.
I didn't notice which other games had gone,although some must have done.
wires74

Post by wires74 »

Was the front screen basically the same, pointless et al .
muddle

Post by muddle »

wires74 wrote:Was the front screen basically the same, pointless et al .
New Pub Quiz and Hangman Saloon were both on the front screen.Pointless still there as was Bullseye Classic.Maybe Millionaire was on the front screen too.
muddle

Post by muddle »

I've seen some more of these now - Millionaire is on the front screen with Pointless and Bejewelled2 moved to the second screen.To be fair they have done some of what I've been advocating on here in that they've brought back some older games and updated (or maybe added to) the question banks.I didn't play Pub Quiz,although I know there were pros who concentrated on it,but it was a very popular game with casual players so perhaps updating it might increase the throughput.I wonder if on this version of Pub Quiz it's possible to crack it - or has the question bank become insanely large or can it resort to '?' number of questions for next prize a la Pop quiz.
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

muddle wrote:I've seen some more of these now - Millionaire is on the front screen with Pointless and Bejewelled2 moved to the second screen.To be fair they have done some of what I've been advocating on here in that they've brought back some older games and updated (or maybe added to) the question banks.I didn't play Pub Quiz,although I know there were pros who concentrated on it,but it was a very popular game with casual players so perhaps updating it might increase the throughput.I wonder if on this version of Pub Quiz it's possible to crack it - or has the question bank become insanely large or can it resort to '?' number of questions for next prize a la Pop quiz.
2 questions:
What machine are we talking about here?
What old games have come back?
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

muddle wrote:I've seen some more of these now - Millionaire is on the front screen with Pointless and Bejewelled2 moved to the second screen.To be fair they have done some of what I've been advocating on here in that they've brought back some older games and updated (or maybe added to) the question banks.I didn't play Pub Quiz,although I know there were pros who concentrated on it,but it was a very popular game with casual players so perhaps updating it might increase the throughput.I wonder if on this version of Pub Quiz it's possible to crack it - or has the question bank become insanely large or can it resort to '?' number of questions for next prize a la Pop quiz.
2 questions:
What machine are we talking about here?
What old games have come back?
muddle

Post by muddle »

This is the Gamesnet machine I am referring to - I have not seen this update on IQuest or Kudos.Robin Hood or whatever it's called is back and Millionaire is back on the front screen.Games such as Pub Quiz,Raiders of the lost Quiz,1966 and I think also Hangman Saloon all now have 2015 questions.
SoccerHQ

Post by SoccerHQ »

Saw the update yesterday out and about...no idea which games have been culled but interested by the addition of World of Sport....I'm sure a few years back that used to be called Talksport Quiz if I'm not mistaken.
JQW

Post by JQW »

Typically how long does it take for such an update to roll out to iQuests?
cool

Post by cool »

No idea , but I wouldnt get too excited there are only 3 changes Robin Hood Quiz , World of Sport and tug.
I-Quests have fewer games so wouldnt expect much there either.
cool

Post by cool »

No idea , but I wouldnt get too excited there are only 3 changes Robin Hood Quiz , World of Sport and tug.
I-Quests have fewer games so wouldnt expect much there either.
cool

Post by cool »

Duplicate entry again . Dont blame me Fruit Machine Chat sort yourselves out please!!!!!!