WORST 'QUIZ' SHOWS OF ALL TIME

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
cool

WORST 'QUIZ' SHOWS OF ALL TIME

Post by cool »

MY NOMINATION IS DEAL OR NO DEAL ( TECHNICALLY NOT A QUIZ SHOW I KNOW ) THIS PROGRAMME CAN SURELY ONLY BE ENJOYED BY DIMWITS, A GAME WITH ABSOLUTELY NO SKILL
AND IT CAN ONLY BE APPEALING TO THOSE WHO LIKE TO GET REWARDED FOR DOING BUGGER ALL . ITS HOSTED BY NOEL EDMONDS , MR BLOBBY WOULD BE MORE APPROPRIATE FOR THIS CACKFEST.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

I've seen this game on the oval Gamesnet machines. They've added questions to it so you have to answer them in order to open the boxes. Gone a bit over the top on Edmonds footage but at least you can skip him.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

The worst gameshow of all time was a Saturyday tea-time piece of effluent called 'Steal' and was hosted by Roy Walker's son.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
tka

Post by tka »

How about You Bet with Matthew Kelly? That was shit.
I once saw some guy who could tell the temperature of water to the nearest 0.1 of a degree. with his nose.
Now that is entertainment! :roll:
No wonder I drink!
foxy

Post by foxy »

Anybody remember the very short lived 'Come and have a go if you think you're smart enough' with the lovely Nicky Campbell on Saturday evening?
Thought not.
Anyway this was a live show where you could similtaneously compete on the internet against the studio guests.
The highest internet score would play the winner of the 4 studio teams for the cash(c.£35,000).
Well my mate won it on the net and the following week was invited to defend his title in the studio.
Yup, I was in that team.
We beat a couple of normal human being teams and went into the studio final against a team of co-ordinated pastel shirted trivia robots.They were comfortably winning going into the last round which was very specifically Carry on Films- just happens to be Big Gordon's fave subject and we pull it back to a tie despite the robots attempt at cheating.
We win the tie-break.The other teams congratulate us except the robots who go off in the huff.
We have to wait sans alcohol for 90 mins before the final against the internet team.
That eventually goes to a tie-break and so for £39,000 we are asked ;
Which of these countries does not border China?
You have exactly 10 seconds.
A.Laos
B.Myanmar
C.Turkmenistan
D.Kazahkstan
We got it wrong.
39 grand down the swanny and barely a free drink.
Comfortably one of the worst days of my life.
Considering this as catharsis.Let the healing begin.
P.S. If you're one of the robots-grow up!

Post by Guest »

blimey - that's an unhappy ending, foxy.

Best worst quiz show IMHO was Shafted with Robert Kilroy-Silk, the perfect man to accompany the word shaft with a fisting gesture.
Ernest W. Quality

Post by Ernest W. Quality »

Ouch. It's Turkmenistan isn't it? Laos and Myanmar/Burma obviously do, and Kazakhstan is very big so probably does.
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

worst quiz show ever invented has to be "Take your pick".

Completely boring, muppets on it week after week, and Des O'Connor presenting. Even when they tried to spice things up with the twins from Neighbours, it was still a crap show.
thebigchap

Post by thebigchap »

without a shadow of a doubt, the winner is...Eggheads
foxy

Post by foxy »

In a fit of modesty the big chap fails to mention he was the one who won the 35 grand previously mentioned!!
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

So how did the "robots" attempt to cheat?
foxy

Post by foxy »

Aaaaaaarghhhh!
The big chap's new avatar features the night I'm trying so hard to forget.
So so cruel!!!
Oh yeah, the robots.Basically they were 2 points ahead of us going into the last round of 5 q's and they hadn't got less than 4 points in any previous round.Luckily the subject was carry on and big gordon is a master in this field-things like what profession did sid james have before his film career.(I'll leave it open)
They were clearly struggling and dropped a point early on.
However we had to press some large buttons to register our answer and one of them realised they could easily see what button we were pressing so all they had to do was copy our answers for victory.
Even Nicky Campbell could see what was going on but it's quite difficult to deal with on live tele.Fair play to him as he said something like "I see team A is taking a specific interest in what team B is up to".
I'm glad we beat them because I've no idea how they(the BBC) were going to deal with our accusations.
Im not Nicky Campbell or the big chap or the big chap's girlfriend but the next one along.