Bullseye

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Cf

Bullseye

Post by Cf »

Just casually having a couple of games with a quid and I managed to get to the prize round. Not quite sure how as I'm usually crap at general knowledge but happy days.

The prize round has seemingly changed from what it used to be. Now landing in black is insta game over? Sure you used to get three misses or something?

Anyway my question is how are you supposed to win? I hit red and was offered a question which I got right. I then hit black for game over.

I'm guessing that that the red segments should have carried prizes but it was dead and didn't want to offer anything. How shit is that it that's the case. Way to make people think what is the point of playing your game.
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

Cf wrote:Just casually having a couple of games with a quid and I managed to get to the prize round. Not quite sure how as I'm usually crap at general knowledge but happy days.

The prize round has seemingly changed from what it used to be. Now landing in black is insta game over? Sure you used to get three misses or something?

Anyway my question is how are you supposed to win? I hit red and was offered a question which I got right. I then hit black for game over.

I'm guessing that that the red segments should have carried prizes but it was dead and didn't want to offer anything. How shit is that it that's the case. Way to make people think what is the point of playing your game.
yup. this has been going on for ages now.
if you hit the red it goes back to the original scoring game and you basically have to do it all over again. If you get through that you should have money 2nd time - maybe you could win a £1 - 50p profit lol! Load of shite.
JG

Post by JG »

Probably been like that for four years, maybe longer. I haven't played a quiz for ages. Pointless in a Cardiff Rileys possibly the last one I played.
JG
Cf

Post by Cf »

It didn't take me back to the normal board it just took me back to the prize board which again offered nothing.

Thinking about it back in the day didn't red add money and black was answer a question to carry on?

Is it a game that was fucked over by the true skill laws a while ago?
JG

Post by JG »

Yes red was at least a pound, it could skip off if it wanted. Usually stuck on the pound iirc,
JG
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

Cf wrote:Just casually having a couple of games with a quid and I managed to get to the prize round. Not quite sure how as I'm usually crap at general knowledge but happy days.

If I'm reading you correctly I think what you are describing is what happens if you sometimes require a low score to get through to the prize section and you get there too quickly (in the machines eyes) This will usually be for a target score of 301. It's just the machines way of saying you don't get money that quickly and (providing you land in the red) it will give you another board and another score to achieve. Once you've negotiated that you SHOULD get to the money and your chance to win a whole pound (or two)
ob

Post by ob »

It doesn't I played it once did red/black with no money twice in a row
ob

Post by ob »

It doesn't I played it once did red/black with no money twice in a row
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

ob wrote:It doesn't I played it once did red/black with no money twice in a row
If that's the case then I've no real idea..except to say it isn't normal!
JG

Post by JG »

Super dead. The Governess and Mark Labatt (yes he does have a machine vibe about him) must have taken out all the value with Daphne, Pat and Ken on hand for the spoilers.
JG
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

ken?
Going skint....