Same names on Leaderboards

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Northern Monkey

Post by Northern Monkey »

Having spent some time wandering the hinterland around Shoreditch and Hoxton today another factor - the degentrification of pubs into scruffy shit holes fit only for folk with beards and skinny jeans. Some classic backstreet/ corner Victoria boozers that have been culturally vandalised and I'm sure would have been ripe pickings in the day. On a slight up note I happened on a unit where notwithstanding I have not bothered with it for years apart from tomplay off a last credit a tenner was waiting for me on PLOD.
SoccerHQ

Post by SoccerHQ »

messiah wrote:Not the Hollywood bowl...
Ha, do not mock as pretty much all of them across England (yes I've visited most of them!) have an I quest or sometimes even a games net although of course all you doom mongers on here have visited them 10 times I imagine. ;)

http://www.gamestec.co.uk/en/gamestec/n ... upply-deal
messiah

Post by messiah »

Who is mocking? That Hollywood Bowl was possibly the last machine in Surrey Quays, although I haven't been to the Wibbly Wobbly for ages.
explayer

Post by explayer »

There's an 'egg' posting some pretty good scores in South Yorkshire. I only usually put my name when top of a board (not very often).
Stop saying ' like ' and pull your fuckin' trousers up
cool

Post by cool »

As I've said before I've never been at all territorial about my local areas but get annoyed about people posting their high scores, cocking a leg so to speak. The latest dickwad to appear is 'N' who is cutting a swathe through the machines. Impressive playing but I suggest the N stands for nob! Is it a new player onto the scene or an old one changing their wordsoup high score name?
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

how much do you make on average over say a 20 hour "session", including travelling? can't imagine it's much, but could be wrong? i guess the plus side is that you NEVER lose....
Going skint....
cool

Post by cool »

Not enough to live on nowadays , there are those who sole reason to play was to make pots of money and they have long since gone and there are others to whom it was a way of life , I have always been in the latter category.
quizard

Post by quizard »

cool wrote:Not enough to live on nowadays , there are those who sole reason to play was to make pots of money and they have long since gone and there are others to whom it was a way of life , I have always been in the latter category.
Well some of us diversified into other gaming machine opportunities. So have you got a job these days cool?
Give Us A Break 30th Anniversary
cool

Post by cool »

No but oddly despite the enforced reduction in machine playing I never get bored. I am heavily involved in athletics now and despite my admitted meagre talent and age I will be competing in the English Cross Country Championships in Leicestershire in the new year . Departing from hostelries at high speed chased by angry landlords helped to get me into it.
Presumably you are referring to the fruities .Whilst Ive been pretty dismissive of fruities basically I have no idea of how to crack them and also you have to have balls of steel to play them as the stakes both winning and losing are so high and I wouldnt be able to handle the pressure.
Nevertheless having never being married or having any children my responsibilties and financial outgoings are low so I am happy to exist in this state of semi-retirement.
cool

Post by cool »

double post edited out!
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Quizard a fruit player now? Tooler?
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
quizard

Post by quizard »

Crikey! I would be taking it easy at your age cool LOL.

I saw the Colour of Money guy in Manc a few weeks back. He is obviously still making it pay.
betchrider wrote:Quizard a fruit player now? Tooler?
Anything I do is neither illegal or immoral.
Give Us A Break 30th Anniversary
cool

Post by cool »

Hopefully you dont mean that irritating Christian Drummond guy.

This is what he said when he got in the news :

'But now the former University Challenge team captain is planning his exit strategy.

Christian said: 'It was very exciting at first, but now it has become work, but not just that it has become drudge work.

It is not what I studied for, so now enough is enough and I want to get a normal job'.

If it was him you saw he's full of cock which is particularly appropriate as he comes from Brighton.
cool

Post by cool »

Hopefully you dont mean that irritating Christian Drummond guy.

This is what he said when he got in the news :

'But now the former University Challenge team captain is planning his exit strategy.

Christian said: 'It was very exciting at first, but now it has become work, but not just that it has become drudge work.

It is not what I studied for, so now enough is enough and I want to get a normal job'.

If it was him you saw he's full of cock which is particularly appropriate as he comes from Brighton.
cool

Post by cool »

the forum still allows double posting , why after over a thousand posts it is now shite