Visiting other towns/cities

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
paragoon

Visiting other towns/cities

Post by paragoon »

When people do this do they ever stop and take a break? I often think about it but am usually in too much of a hurry to find the next pub/machine. In the past it was easier as there was more guaranteed money to be made and I used to stay in b&b's or whatever affording more time. When all the Spoons had machines it was better too as you could do a morning shift...it all gets a bit manic nowadays imo.
dog section

Post by dog section »

cheap b&b on various seafronts=happy days. normally could pull a chav to do the dirty with too after hours in the grotty bed. im in a reflective mood now.
k9-sec.co.uk
SoccerHQ

Post by SoccerHQ »

Based in the Midlands so can usually do most cities in a day....been as far as Newcastle (once) but for regular trips usually stop at Leeds and Preston in the North and Bristol and Reading in the South. Again I've been once to Southampton but there wasn't much there and it was a few years ago now.

So never for instance made it up to Scotland so yeah that would realistically have to be an overnight stop.

If it's a 1 hour train journey I usually have time to go check some of the suburbs out so get to know cities that way.

Which cities/towns do other members like or dislike? Not in terms of profit (although that certainly puts me in a better mode!) but in terms of general amenties and attractions.

I tend to like the Nothern cities like Manchester, Leeds and Sheffield. Nice enough centres and dosen't feel that congested getting round.

Worst I've been has to be Hull...awful centre with hardly any machines, suburbs horrific and took half a day to get there. Next you'll be telling me it's European city of culture shortly....!
dog section

Post by dog section »

grimsby isnt clever area.
k9-sec.co.uk
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

SoccerHQ wrote:Based in the Midlands so can usually do most cities in a day....been as far as Newcastle (once) but for regular trips usually stop at Leeds and Preston in the North and Bristol and Reading in the South. Again I've been once to Southampton but there wasn't much there and it was a few years ago now.

So never for instance made it up to Scotland so yeah that would realistically have to be an overnight stop.

If it's a 1 hour train journey I usually have time to go check some of the suburbs out so get to know cities that way.

Which cities/towns do other members like or dislike? Not in terms of profit (although that certainly puts me in a better mode!) but in terms of general amenties and attractions.

I tend to like the Nothern cities like Manchester, Leeds and Sheffield. Nice enough centres and dosen't feel that congested getting round.

Worst I've been has to be Hull...awful centre with hardly any machines, suburbs horrific and took half a day to get there. Next you'll be telling me it's European city of culture shortly....!
I used to like Leeds and Sheffield. Actually had a decent night in Hull too bitd though I got pretty mortal. I found Manchester to be a nightmare. Seemed too far from place to place. Long streets. Mind you, I'm talking about six or seven year ago...but I think someone on here mentioned there wa nothing in Mancunia anymore anyways.
SoccerHQ

Post by SoccerHQ »

Manchester is very easy to get around with the tram.

Plenty in Chorlton and Didsbury if you like a Gamesnet....
fatbloke

Post by fatbloke »

try london with the bike race on today , half of its bloxed
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

dog section wrote:grimsby isnt clever area.
That's cos at one time it had four pro/semi pro players in it!!