pro's or not pro's that is the question

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
wires74

Post by wires74 »

tonkarentino wrote:Well I go back a very long way to the time where most of the pro players I came across were from well "North of Watford". For a long time I (we) thought that quiz machining was a provincial thing-trips to London didn't find many machines to speak of but trips to Sussex, Essex and Kent were always very profitable. In those days Birmingham was the centre of quiz machining in my experience. Even in the early nineties at the height of Adders and Ladders/Monopoly etc. etc. you avoided Brum and the Black Country like the plague. I used to live on the East coast and there were six pro players within 20 miles of me. I counted myself as "semi-pro" having never given up the day job. At least four of said players are sadly no longer with us but when I think that I played my first quiz machine on the day the Challenger space ship blew up (Jan. 86) perhaps that isn't altogether surprising. As for nowadays I cannot remember the last time that I saw someone win money from a machine and it is some weeks since I've had to wait because a machine was being played. If it wasn't for this board I could easily convince myself that no-one bothers to travel anymore...
Tonka were you a mate of Grimsby mick in the 90s ?
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

wires74 wrote:Tonka were you a mate of Grimsby mick in the 90s ?
You have a p.m.