Pub Connect

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
muddle

Pub Connect

Post by muddle »

I am starting to see a few of these now.For those who haven't,they are bascially iQuest machines (although not with the latest line-up of games weirdly,so no Pixel This,Pointless and Bullseye Classic) but you can also connect to them via wifi and play some games on your mobile device.Some are just for fun,but two (prize pop quiz and prize pub quiz) you can win money on,which can be collected from the machine or left in an account.There is a better explanation of this on Gamestec's website.What I was wondering,has anyone done this yet? I have only played them in traditional style (i.e. put some money in).
Topical2009

Post by Topical2009 »

Interesting. My first thought was whether this meant you could bank machine winnings to your phone (then I wondered how long anyone would be allowed to keep an account where the money mostly flowed one way). Also, if the idea is to have people winning on games on their phone and collecting the cash from the machine, they might need to keep machines better filled than some companies do at present coughSCEPTREcough.
muddle

Post by muddle »

Yes,indeed Topical,it had occurred to me too that anybody who was consistently winning would find their access denied,and also about the difficulties of collecting cash there and then (not enough money in the machine,or people playing it).At the moment,I'm finding it hard to predict if this is the shot in the arm that the quiz machine world needs,or at the other end of the spectrum,a way to stop pro play.One positive thing I am taking from it is that the companies haven't given up completely and are still developing new products.
SoccerHQ

Post by SoccerHQ »

A few are popping up in Leeds I see.....which is interestingly home to the Gamesnet manufacturer I think.
SoccerHQ

Post by SoccerHQ »

So the G box thread make me think of this smart contraption......

Over a year since Muddle started the thread and yet the only ones I've seen are the ones that would've been around when this thread started....I really thought with the use of Mobile phones this would've been rolled out more, particularly in student areas.

That said the few that I do come across I noticed the screen above the machine either isn't working or has been taken off so a few just have the look of a standard I quest but with a different games selection which suggests combining Mobile use is probably a step too far atm.

Still a nice machine to play, as I've said I've seen a few dotted around Leeds and Sheffield but would be interested if there's a few floating around in the South...I know of one in Cambridge and another in Luton but nothing else.