Things that replace a quiz machine

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
muddle

Things that replace a quiz machine

Post by muddle »

Often a fruit machine.Or perhaps one of those grabber machines.Sometimes nothing at all.But for the last week or so,on more than one occasion,a Christmas tree.
quizard

Post by quizard »

Yes but a Christmas Tree is just for errr Christmas not for life lol.
Give Us A Break 30th Anniversary
cp999

Post by cp999 »

A Hammond organ is probably the strangest quiz machine replacement I've encountered.
dog section

Post by dog section »

a postman pat kiddy ride machine was put in place of an itbox i remember from 2009.
k9-sec.co.uk
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

I found five quiz machines gone yesterday that had all been there on my previous visit to the same medium-sized town six months ago. All had been replaced by either a fruit machine or nothing at all - just an empty space where the machine used to stand. At this rate it's going to become odd in years to come to actually find one in a pub, as rare a sighting as a pinball machine or those 'table top' machines (with the original arcade games like Pacman and Space Invaders) are now.
Topical2009

Post by Topical2009 »

Out at the weekend, I saw another replaced by a Christmas Tree. Bet it won't be coming back on January 6th though :(

In similar vein, has anyone witnessed a single pub which closed for a refurb in the last few years and didn't take the opportunity to dump the quiz cabinet? Lots of pubs which now look a lot more attractive if what I want is food and drink (especially if that means a pint of hipster American IPA and a bag of artisan pork scratchings, apparently) less good if I want to play machines.
dog section

Post by dog section »

dongles and card credits are all a con anyway. a 15000credits dongle or card are worth more than the whole machine. quizzing is about to be laid to rest.
k9-sec.co.uk
wires74

Post by wires74 »

dog section aka prophet of doom but your probably right what your saying it does feel like the end is nigh !
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

Topical2009 wrote:Out at the weekend, I saw another replaced by a Christmas Tree. Bet it won't be coming back on January 6th though :(

In similar vein, has anyone witnessed a single pub which closed for a refurb in the last few years and didn't take the opportunity to dump the quiz cabinet? Lots of pubs which now look a lot more attractive if what I want is food and drink (especially if that means a pint of hipster American IPA and a bag of artisan pork scratchings, apparently) less good if I want to play machines.
There is a chain (possibly only relevant to the Midlands and north called Smith and Jones which are all gradually being refurbed and re-opening minus the machine. As they all had them it is a big loss-especially when considered with the disappearance (gradual) of JDWs machines....
streakseims

Post by streakseims »

6 million ways to pie....choose 1
dog section

Post by dog section »

a certain company have loads of quizzers literally stacked up. the cards and dongles are more than the whole machine is worth. people just dont want to pay for them as the units dont generate enough revenue through playing popularity to justify the investment. remember we are (k9 security) and have many clients we look after,so i know this problem to be a fact. sad as it is as i have a fatspanner at home but broke up an inde-blu as the power pack,hopper,mech,screen and tower were worth more dosh than the machine without a card. on ebay theres a 15000 credit card for £400. been on there for ages.whose going pay that much when the whole machine is worth £120 tops. i used to like the old megatouch for homeplay entertainment.
k9-sec.co.uk
Sloach

Post by Sloach »

tonkarentino wrote:There is a chain (possibly only relevant to the Midlands and north called Smith and Jones which are all gradually being refurbed and re-opening minus the machine. As they all had them it is a big loss-especially when considered with the disappearance (gradual) of JDWs machines....
The two Wetherspoons near my work in Holborn have recently ditched their quiz machines to be replaced by not much. Those pubs have both had machines for at least ten years
dog section

Post by dog section »

and no business minded person will dump something thats still making themselves a tidy profit. thats what i tried to explain to my ex,when i upgraded to a younger fresher hooker that would bring in the dosh like she USED to be able to.
k9-sec.co.uk