Why games are removed

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
muddle

Why games are removed

Post by muddle »

I was reading a few old posts and came across the one discussing why Bullseye was removed from the Paragon terminals.I never really understood that,I appreciate games either have to be removed from time to time to keep the content fresh,or because a game is being exploited by pro play,but Bullseye always struck me as being popular with punters and since it is still on Gamesnets,I'm assuming it wasn't getting a hammering from pros.(I could be wrong about that of course) More recently,Million Pound Drop vanished from Gamesnets,and that was perhaps the game I saw people playing the most often so I didn't understand that either.Anybody got any clues to the motivations behind game removals?
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

licenses, machine manufactures use games use under license, this is why you can find the same games on machines manufactured by diffrent companies...

games are used/removed under the terms of the license, if the licnese has expired, the game has to be disbled, that sort of thing...
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

Surely some games get removed because they are getting a hammering?
BFK

Post by BFK »

Hammered to the point where the top prize is less than the stake!!!

That football quiz based one that isn't a football based quiz one that I moaned about in here a few weeks ago constantly has a top prize of £3!!

Bored one night I rattled off a score in it to see if it would increase but no it didn't!

That's a years worth of play ffs!

I've always thought pub quiz must be an easy one for pro quizzers. Isn't that always £10 pot?
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

tonkarentino wrote:Surely some games get removed because they are getting a hammering?
yes , takings are monitered and games have been pulled for getting " hammered".

i remember years ago there was a golf game on gamenets which vunreable.
someone was emptying the hoppers and leaving a huge IOU on the mahcines, swp floats were £125 at the time so nice earner....

floats were dropped to £50 after that.. :)
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

BFK wrote:Hammered to the point where the top prize is less than the stake!!!

That football quiz based one that isn't a football based quiz one that I moaned about in here a few weeks ago constantly has a top prize of £3!!

Bored one night I rattled off a score in it to see if it would increase but no it didn't!

That's a years worth of play ffs!

I've always thought pub quiz must be an easy one for pro quizzers. Isn't that always £10 pot?
Not sure about Pub Quiz but on the similar Pop Quiz version often the later rounds have the fantastic "? questions" amount! I played one today, £1 on round 3, £3 on round 4 then for the £5er...I answered 8 questions, more by fluke than judgement then lost on the ninth. Got the impression it was an endless supply until you lose. Should be illegal really but who's going to complain lol