Pro Quiz Machine Players Wanted for New TV Show Idea

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
kirsten red house

Pro Quiz Machine Players Wanted for New TV Show Idea

Post by kirsten red house »

I'm working at a television production company called Red House Television. I'd really like to speak to professional pub quiz machine players for a new television programme idea we have going on at the moment.

If you're general knowledge is second to none and you are a regular pub quiz machine player who has started to make quite a good amount of money by playing on said machines I'd love to talk to you. We're looking into a programme idea about individuals who have followed their hobbies and have been able to almost make a career out of it.

Please note that this is not a show we are making but an idea we're researching so it would be a really informal research chat on the phone that I'd like to have with you. I have heard that there are not that many pro quiz machine players out there and that the idea may not work but I'd really like to chat to someone further to get a better understanding of the gaming world.

If you would like to talk to me further about this please email me at kirsten.taylor@redhousetv.co.uk

Thanks!
cool

Post by cool »

My advice would be to talk to the fame hungry , Christian Drummond from Brighton who was looking to get a media career going during his fleeting five minutes of fame , Paddy Spooner who won Millionaire in Australia and GB who was a pro for many yrs , Kevin Ashman whose early forays into quiz machines ended when he realised he was in for a likely beating if he continued in quiz machines , a bloke calledDavid? Brewis who found a way to exploit a certain game then did a tour of England with his partner too great effect featuring in the Sun and lastly the porker from the Rhonnda* (The Chase-can only be viewed on widescreen)who used to be an adept quiz machines player and presumably spunked a lot of his winnings
on pies.
I do not like television or even have one.I do not cinema visit either. I have no interest in being part of a programme or watching others.
Scott

Post by Scott »

cool wrote: I do not like television or even have one.

Whats all your furniture pointing at?
Cobwebs 👆
cool

Post by cool »

I only have an exercise mat in my lounge together with a rabbit in a rabbit cage and two filing cabinets , a computer desk, computer and computer chair!
To most people its bare , I like the spartan existence although I do confess I sleep in a bed!
cool

Post by cool »

Could start a new thread whats in your lounge although with the reticence of quiz players in talking about anything remotely personal we would be lucky to get beyond the front doors!
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

Last thing I'd want to do is go on a TV programme lol!
A few years ago maybe but now TV=promotion = internet and papers = constant record etc.
Amazes me that bloke went public about Colour Of Money though I'm even more amazed the game still exists after it (did they chip it or something? I never play it really so I wouldn't know). One of my recent surefire games has now gone even without any publicity/newspaper articles! I was getting rsi from it so it's not all bad news.
cp999

Post by cp999 »

Any serious player who wants to go public is either about to retire, or a cretin.
dog section

Post by dog section »

i have a blow up doll in my lounge. just for the record
k9-sec.co.uk
cp999

Post by cp999 »

cool wrote:My advice would be to talk to the fame hungry , Christian Drummond from Brighton who was looking to get a media career going during his fleeting five minutes of fame , Paddy Spooner who won Millionaire in Australia and GB who was a pro for many yrs
Must admit I did think of the first named as a likely candidate! Mr Spooner just won money on WWTBAM, rather than any outright jackpots, unless my memory is faulty?
cool

Post by cool »

With regard to the show I think dog section has blown his chances with that post.
Paddy Spooner won £250k UK , 250k dollars Australia , won a jeep on Sale of the Century , appeared on an early Johnathon Ross vehicle and perhaps his crowning glory was featuring in the Daily Star masquerading as a fellow pro (Nick) down at Worthing Bowl. Employed his own press officer and was supremely self assured.Unfortunately his ability didnt match the hype.Nevertheless no matter what I think of him he would be tv gold in a documentary.I still remember him at least 20 years after a I last saw him. To be fair he is probably a nice enough person just a tad arrogant but then I suppose thats a bit of an SWP trait.
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

cool wrote:With regard to the show I think dog section has blown his chances with that post.
Paddy Spooner won £250k UK , 250k dollars Australia , won a jeep on Sale of the Century , appeared on an early Johnathon Ross vehicle and perhaps his crowning glory was featuring in the Daily Star masquerading as a fellow pro (Nick) down at Worthing Bowl. Employed his own press officer and was supremely self assured.Unfortunately his ability didnt match the hype.Nevertheless no matter what I think of him he would be tv gold in a documentary.I still remember him at least 20 years after a I last saw him. To be fair he is probably a nice enough person just a tad arrogant but then I suppose thats a bit of an SWP trait.
lol. that sounds hilarious!
Don't see how we're arrogant. Personally I'm pretty sheepish about my bizarre place in society.
cool

Post by cool »

A friend of mine e-mailed his details to this company and heard nowt.
Anybody get a response?
duomat

Post by duomat »

Its probably some dole waller trying to get info on making money.I would not trust emails like that,or its the law going to nik you if you respond