The Chase

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
wires74

The Chase

Post by wires74 »

Seems like the chase is disappearing off paragons
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

I believe the term is "There is something "on" them....Apparently there is some trick which puts the machine into safety mode and removes the game....
cp999

Post by cp999 »

lol ...
muddle

Post by muddle »

I found a couple of units last week that obviously hadn't been updated for a bit as they both still had 'The Chase' on.I was sad to see that go as it appeared to be popular with the punters and I was winning a bit on it.Does anyone know what lead to its sudden removal? Was it something exploitable in the program or had people learnt enough of the question set to fleece it? (I tip my hat to them if it's the latter as that would take some doing) I suspect it might have been the former as while it was still on all the Paragons,I walked into a local pub to find someone playing both the bandit and the quizzy (playing The Chase) at the same time.I watched him for a bit and frankly he wasn't very good (on the quizzy that is,no idea how he was doing on the bandit).I decided to go elsewhere and come back and when I did he was still playing both and again he didn't win anything from a game of The Chase,but then he collected a fair few quid that he had in the bank.Would anyone care to enlighten me? (or is it still a state secret lol)
Mind,whatever it was,surely it could have been fixed and the game brought back? Either re-tweak the program or get a new set of questions.
SoccerHQ

Post by SoccerHQ »

Might be the same as PMP as on some Paragons that disappears either for eternity or for a few months if you win just a little too much on them.
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

SoccerHQ wrote:Might be the same as PMP as on some Paragons that disappears either for eternity or for a few months if you win just a little too much on them.
LOL-PMP takes the piss. The programming at the moment guarantees you find one of the three "You're Barred" on a skill when it's wound up. (Doesn't take a big win for it to get wound up either!). If it doesn't hit you with that you get the disappearing game that you speak of!
SoccerHQ

Post by SoccerHQ »

tonkarentino wrote:LOL-PMP takes the piss. The programming at the moment guarantees you find one of the three "You're Barred" on a skill when it's wound up. (Doesn't take a big win for it to get wound up either!). If it doesn't hit you with that you get the disappearing game that you speak of!
It's not as bad as when I first played it around 2010 when obviously for bonus round you had the beer mats flying off the screen which was a killer.

You're right in that when there's been a few payouts the bonus stops you but I still find I can build a decent amount on Pints as long as there's a bit in the bank. Of course whether I can trust the paragon to pay out all the money is another thing!