fat spanner and parogon etc

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
duomat

fat spanner and parogon etc

Post by duomat »

I have always been tempted by these newer dogs bollocks quiz machines.But for home use with a megga expensive dongle is out of the question.Has anyone found a way to overide this bastard dongle.Im not paying 300 quid for a few credits.
dog section

Post by dog section »

i have a 2013 fatspanner.got a 7000 play dongle with it. im sure the only way round it is to play with bottom door open.obviously it wont pay out. my inde blue can be played like that.theyre a card tho instead of dongle.i think some models wont play at all without a card/dongle being present
k9-sec.co.uk
stuartykins

Post by stuartykins »

i'm probably a bit late to the game here, but depending on the software, some of the config files for inde machines have a line that says "CheckSmartcard=1" all you need to do is change it from 1 to 0... no checking of smartcard, unlimited plays, and doesn't affect the running of the machine.
all you need is a keyboard, ctrl-alt-del and start explorer from the task manager, look for system.ini in the bin folder.
as for paragons, everything is encrypted and there is no way to bypass the dongle check because everything is so tightly integrated with their custom dll files
The Feebster

Post by The Feebster »

Just seen your post from over 2 years ago. That was an excellent piece of info. Many thanks. You might be able to help me further. I am trying to prevent my machine from auto running the inde menu directly after windows loads, to replace it with a menu of my own. Would that mean editing the system.ini file also?