sceptre link to new level of buffonry

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
cool

sceptre link to new level of buffonry

Post by cool »

Played a Sceptre machine.Used no more than 5 credits then machine crashed stating that the dongle had expired. The publican stated that the collector had just been in. What sort of retard would leave a machine with 5 plays on it prior to the following weeks collection? I am not holding out much hope for a refind of my winnings, however in the unlikely event they pay out I will report back.
The other thing that gets my goat is the collector who doesnt shut a machine properly as inevitably displayed is a message 'machine door open' proving that some of them cannot even read.
cool

Post by cool »

I would be surprised if my post prompted Sceptre into action but got a phone call less than 3hours after leaving pub to say the money was available to pick up . This should be printed off (collectors item)as it maybe the only time I praise them.
Sceptre on this occasion , well played!
cool

Post by cool »

Sorry about the thread title , fat fingers / mr magoo short-sightedness / posting whilst using mobile phone , strikes again . My apparent illiteracy makes me a prime candidate for an occupation as a collector, an occupation I spend much of my time berating!
cp999

Post by cp999 »

Sceptre are incompetent cretins, but they are usually quite good at paying ious. Probably because they know that ultimately they're breaking the law, certainly in spirit, and probably in fact as well.
muddle

Post by muddle »

That's good to hear,cool,that you were refunded so promptly.The other points you make are symptomatic of how,well to put it plainly and non-rudely,rubbish the industry is.A quick recount of my experiences playing machines a couple of weeks ago: Machine 1 - Win a bit on a few games,then notice the Pointless jackpot is surprisingly high.Balls up a few times,then finally win it.I want to go now,but thanks to the ludicrous topping-up of credits,I now have £1.55 in credits.I only started off by putting in 50p half an hour earlier.I can't even collect my bank as it doesn't let you if you have more than a credit.Why?! So,I play on and win a few more quid.That proves to be immaterial as the machine only has £12 in it.Machine 2 - It is running so pitifully slowly to make The Chase unplayable.Try Bullseye but it's glitching and jerking so much that it's almost unplayable too.Machine 3 - Try Pointless,discover the touchscreen is offset at the bottom,so accidentally select a wrong answer.Play another game with this in mind,but it's the opposite problem at the top of the screen so bang goes another game.
Now,I and others on here,wearily put up with this (and other stuff like new 5p and 10p pieces not being accepted) but if you were 18 and that was your first experience of playing quiz machines,you might well decide not to bother again.To my mind,people will still play them if the software and hardware's right.So I reckon Sceptre and others need to smarten their act up,otherwise it is going to keep on spiralling down.
I will praise Pixel This (or whatever it's called) though as that does look like the sort of game 'the kids' will play.Disappointing prize structure as usual though.
kong

Post by kong »

cool wrote:Sorry about the thread title , fat fingers / mr magoo short-sightedness / posting whilst using mobile phone , strikes again . My apparent illiteracy makes me a prime candidate for an occupation as a collector, an occupation I spend much of my time berating!
I thought you meant Gianluigi was working for Sceptre now...
Oh good, another Reflex.
cool

Post by cool »

That was a clever response ! Quality.
Totally agree with Muddle. Hopefully one day they will listen.
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

muddle wrote:That's good to hear,cool,that you were refunded so promptly.The other points you make are symptomatic of how,well to put it plainly and non-rudely,rubbish the industry is.A quick recount of my experiences playing machines a couple of weeks ago: Machine 1 - Win a bit on a few games,then notice the Pointless jackpot is surprisingly high.Balls up a few times,then finally win it.I want to go now,but thanks to the ludicrous topping-up of credits,I now have £1.55 in credits.I only started off by putting in 50p half an hour earlier.I can't even collect my bank as it doesn't let you if you have more than a credit.Why?! So,I play on and win a few more quid.That proves to be immaterial as the machine only has £12 in it.Machine 2 - It is running so pitifully slowly to make The Chase unplayable.Try Bullseye but it's glitching and jerking so much that it's almost unplayable too.Machine 3 - Try Pointless,discover the touchscreen is offset at the bottom,so accidentally select a wrong answer.Play another game with this in mind,but it's the opposite problem at the top of the screen so bang goes another game.
Now,I and others on here,wearily put up with this (and other stuff like new 5p and 10p pieces not being accepted) but if you were 18 and that was your first experience of playing quiz machines,you might well decide not to bother again.To my mind,people will still play them if the software and hardware's right.So I reckon Sceptre and others need to smarten their act up,otherwise it is going to keep on spiralling down.
I will praise Pixel This (or whatever it's called) though as that does look like the sort of game 'the kids' will play.Disappointing prize structure as usual though.
The number of games that are set "off-centre" is staggering. Played a unit where Nuts and Word Soup were impossible because you couldn't see the right hand side of the screen. Pure incompetence...
cp999

Post by cp999 »

kong wrote:I thought you meant Gianluigi was working for Sceptre now...
If he was, they would run out of balls before halftime.
tonkarentino wrote:The number of games that are set "off-centre" is staggering. Played a unit where Nuts and Word Soup were impossible because you couldn't see the right hand side of the screen. Pure incompetence...
Never ceases to amaze me that engineers appear completely unaware that (re-)configuring the screen for one game doesn't mean it will be ok on other games.