Dear Richard Osman

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
SoccerHQ

Post by SoccerHQ »

That's pretty good....about 6.70 is about the best I've won on there.
David Healy

Post by David Healy »

New record - £15.90 (unless any claims to the contrary)

Not wanting to make any judgements, but the gambler beside it was "Heroes of Ibrox" which is not one I've seen before and may give an indication of the establishment's regular clientele (I should add this was nowhere near Ibrox).
David Healy

Post by David Healy »

Abc
muddle

Post by muddle »

That's pretty impressive,you would think someone would have won by random guessing before it got that high.Unlike other games,I wouldn't say it gets any easier the more people lose on it though.Did you bother to win the fiver afterwards as well?
SoccerHQ

Post by SoccerHQ »

Pointless should certainly have a jackpot range of between 5-10 quid, can't be the only one disheartened when I play it, wait for the intro screen to come up and say 1.20 in the corner. Kind of deflates things a bit.

I played it a lot when it first appeared as big fan of the TV show (as an aside anyone think it's a bit tight for them to do low jackpot totals for charity editions) but very rarely now as got annoyed with finding a jackpot that couldn't even total 3 quid.

I've won it a few times but can't say you can just stroll through the rounds...head to head is pretty difficult to win unless you play it religiously and note the low scores.

With most games Pints, Pub Quiz etc the big prize is there if it a) wants to pay out and b) you can play it enough to either memorise the answers or sequences so in my book Pointless should be of the same ilk.
mendez

Post by mendez »

SoccerHQ wrote:Pointless should certainly have a jackpot range of between 5-10 quid, can't be the only one disheartened when I play it, wait for the intro screen to come up and say 1.20 in the corner. Kind of deflates things a bit.
You can go to the "Help" screen and check the prize amount before you play.
SoccerHQ

Post by SoccerHQ »

Ha cheers...it's fair to say that has passed me by in the two years of Pointless since it launched, normally i just go straight to start.

It's a bit like for years not realising that little icon that would light up on the bottom right of the screen on PMP actually gave extra letters. Just thinking all the times I was a letter or two out for 10 quid!