ATTENTION INDUSTRY PEOPLE! Stop the cheats..

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
candide

ATTENTION INDUSTRY PEOPLE! Stop the cheats..

Post by candide »

To all quiz machine technicians out there I was in Portsmouth recently, and two guys were quite brazenly using their I-phone to garner jackpots, particularly on the Million POund drop.
Without a brain cell between them they were merely proficient at checking answers (one guy cupped his phone on his chest) within the 20 or so second limit given by many games.
TO COMBAT THIS, simply reduce the timer to within 8 and ten seconds which is easily enough time for the FAIR QUIZ playing public. I imagine this could extend to many games including
beat the landlord, MOTD and millionaire? but needs to be done, as it was appallingly easy for them to rinse about 30 quid out.
brasso88

Post by brasso88 »

Thanks for the tip lol
BFK

Post by BFK »

You must have super fast broadband and they must be quick with their fingers!!

I smell wind up!!!
Scott

Post by Scott »

Fair play to them!
Cobwebs 👆
davey

Post by davey »

Obviously a load of rubbish, I hardly have enough time to read the questions let alone type them into a device. Anyone also noticed the bloke who posted this has only made an account two days ago?? Smells like a wind up to me....but like Scott said "fair play to them of possible".
Yours sincerely Andy from Poole!
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

candide wrote:for the FAIR QUIZ playing public.
Timers that last only a few seconds? How is that fair to joe average like me, when trying to work out the correct answer?
Oh, I'm so scared.
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

What a load of cock
Topical2009

Post by Topical2009 »

Take that, so called quiz experts. You whine about how difficult it is to make money on machines these days, and it turns out all you needed to do was take your phone out of your pocket. No wonder you're not rinsing jackpots at will like these guys in Portsmouth, who definitely exist.
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

Iv been doing this since 1992.
cool

Post by cool »

which pub was it?. Its probably fruity players who arent clever enough to play quiz machines legitimately*, however they are highly proficient at any scams going hence Scott applauding them!
*fruit machine pros do have my admiration though, its just a different sort of skill.I would find it mind numbingly boring though.
Did you speak to them? You merely stating it as fact does not mean it is fact.
Scams fall into two categories: (1) out and out theft (drilling/the legendary 'pipe cleaner' frauds/hopper keys and machine codes that drop the contents) (2) weaknesses in computer programmes allowing exploitation e.g phrase that pays / royle family / aladdins cave/ silver falls that in my opinion are legitimate.Looking up questions during the course of a game on most games would (a) be difficult (b) draw unwanted attention (c) actually not help with many questions as they are so obscure.
BFK

Post by BFK »

Point C is the most valid - Some so obscure it's impossible to get the answer within the timeframe.
Erdnaseuk

Post by Erdnaseuk »

I agree "fair play to them if possible"
I tried this many years ago, as you can only really type a keyword in google and scan the results for the answer, it is not always going to be there.

I was asked a question about the first book of the bible - goggling the question had no immedaite answers, and even after looking using the full question / information further on in the day - it was still hard to track down one answer!
candide

Post by candide »

10 seconds is quite a long time, just anything longer is unnecessary really. Do not be afraid. ps kudos to topical2009 who realises that there are people like this, i wouldn't have believed it either, till i looked across the pub and worked out what they were doing, dodgy f*ckers.
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

Topical2009 wrote:No wonder you're not rinsing jackpots at will like these guys in Portsmouth, who definitely exist.
Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what "irony" is?

Baldrick: Yes, it's like "goldy" and "bronzy" only it's made out of iron.
JG

Post by JG »

I preferred the bit where they were in the trenches and they had no sugar so as a substitute Baldrick added his dandruff. Corporal Melchett (Stephen Fry) is popping by and requests a tea with three lumps of sugar.

"Can you manage three lumps Baldrick?" asks Captain Blackadder, a knowing glint in his eye.

That is not relevant here but relevance on the Fruit Chat board went out of fashion in 1994.
JG